Author Topic: Study: Female triathletes at risk for pelvic issues, bone loss  (Read 393 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:38:27 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Study: Female triathletes at risk for pelvic issues, bone loss
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 01:46:39 PM »
I'm sure that the Marine Corp is hard at work this very minute, updating the curriculum for female recruit training..........

:smokin:

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
I'm sure that the Marine Corp is hard at work this very minute, updating the curriculum for female recruit training..........

Don't you mean downgrading?
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »

Kegel exercises are standard over here for female personnel. They are in addition to the regular PT, the guys use the extra 20 minutes to do free form.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »
I did triathlons for awhile. Aspired to Hawaii Ironman, but never got there. Got to training regularly at 1/2 Ironman distance, which is run 13.1 miles, bike 56 miles, swim 1.2 miles.

Two events training per day, 6 days a week, 3 on the 7th day. I ran my fastest marathon, while doing triathlon training. Down the road in San Diego County is one of the international meccas of triathlon training.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »
I am not sure whether I admire you, think you are insane for doing that voluntarily, or both.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »
I am not sure whether I admire you, think you are insane for doing that voluntarily, or both.
Well at the time I also drank about 12 to 18 cans of beer, daily as well. When I quit drinking 20 years ago, I reduced the training as well.

Drinking is partly an obsession of the mind, together with physical addiction. Running/biking/swimming takes some obsession, too.

I still "workout" but it is now walking and biking. And not so much. I am still "obsessed" with getting some exercise, daily.

My personal best marathon was 2 hours and 55 minutes at age 39, some 27 years ago. That is a 6 minute 40 second mile, for 26.2 miles--not just casual jogging.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf