Author Topic: Iraq: Yazidi children rescued from Mount Sinjar by Iraqi and Kurdish forces  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11025440/Iraq-Yazidi-children-rescued-from-Mount-Sinjar-by-Iraqi-and-Kurdish-forces.html

Iraq: Yazidi children rescued from Mount Sinjar by Iraqi and Kurdish forces
Iraqi and Kurdish forces airlift children and the elderly from Mount Sinjar where they had fled to get away from Islamic State militants

10:45AM BST 11 Aug 2014

Iraq crisis: latest

Footage has emerged of Iraqi and Kurdish forces rescuing children from Mount Sinjar in Iraq after they had fled militants from the Islamic State group.

The video provider, Steven Nabil, had direct contact with the source of the footage, 'AJK', who supplied the material on condition that they remain anonymous.

The children were flown from Sinjar mountain, where a helicopter had been delivering aid to thousands of minority Yazidis who have been stranded on a scorching mountaintop since the Islamic militants seized Sinjar, near the Syrian border, last week.

They were then taken to Zakho in the self-declared autonomous Iraqi Kurdish region.

Meanwhile, thousands of Yazidi refugees fleeing Islamic State militants continued to pour across the border from Syria into Iraq after a week-long journey through blazing hot mountains.

Followers of an ancient religion with links to Zoroastrianism, the Yazidis said the militants had given them the choice of converting to Islam or dying.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Counting down to a "Mission Complete" declaration from Obammy........

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This is one of the many reasons I really like the Kurdish people.

They are risking losing their regional capital to help complete strangers. Those kids will be taken in and cherished like their own, until their parents can re-join them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is one of the many reasons I really like the Kurdish people.

They are risking losing their regional capital to help complete strangers. Those kids will be taken in and cherished like their own, until their parents can re-join them.

There are very few people I have encountered on this earth more trustworthy than the Kurds and WE, the good ole USA, have not done right by them at all in recent years.

It breaks my heart!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote above:
[[ There are very few people I have encountered on this earth more trustworthy than the Kurds and WE, the good ole USA, have not done right by them at all in recent years. ]]

Might be some of the few muslims worth saving when the real war with islam breaks out...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There are very few people I have encountered on this earth more trustworthy than the Kurds and WE, the good ole USA, have not done right by them at all in recent years.

It breaks my heart!

Only place in Iraq we didn't sleep with one eye and ear open. I remember waking up one afternoon to find both shotguns missing and I didn't worry at all. Outside, this really old guy was carefully cleaning them for me. He'd scrounged some extra shells, too.

You can trust them with anything. Well - except choppers.  :laugh: Used to have to pull the circuit breakers every time we landed, because the kids would be all over my girl in a matter of minutes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink