Author Topic: Horror - Anglican Vicar of Baghdad: “Child I Baptized Cut in Half by ISIS”  (Read 437 times)

rangerrebew

Horror - Anglican Vicar of Baghdad: “Child I Baptized Cut in Half by ISIS”

By Onan Coca   / 11 August 2014   / 0 Comments   

“I’m almost in tears because I’ve just had somebody in my room whose little child was cut in half. I baptized his child in my church in Baghdad. This little boy, they named him after me – he was called Andrew.” – Vicar of the Anglican Church in Baghdad, Canon Andrew White

Everyday things in Iraq grow worse. Everyday our planet grows ever darker because of the heinous crimes that we have all become witness to. The persecution, torture, rape and murder of innocents has become commonplace in our world -- and we seem to have become desensitized to it all. Each evening our media covers the day’s highlights (and lowlights) in typical fashion, and each evening we brush it off and continue on as if oblivious to the pain around us.

canon andrew white2Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of the Anglican Church in Baghdad has become an important source of news from within the terror filled nation for the outside world of Christendom. He has been able to provide a first hand account of the horrors being faced by Christians (and other non-Sunni Muslim minorities) as the monsters of ISIS bear down on them.

His latest report from Iraq is truly heart wrenching.

An influential member of the Anglican Church in Iraq has seen horrible tragedy in recent days. The man had been the caretaker of the Anglican Church in Iraq before retiring and moving his family to northern Iraq, where they should have been safer, living in a community of Christians away from the large population centers filled with Muslims. But ISIS could not be accounted for, and as they swept into Iraq they targeted villages like Qaraqosh, precisely because they knew they were villages populated by Christians.

“This town of Qaraqosh is a Christian village so they knew everybody there was part of their target group,” said White. “They [the Islamic State] attacked the whole of the town. They bombed it, they shot at people.”

“I’m almost in tears because I’ve just had somebody in my room whose little child was cut in half,” he said. “I baptized his child in my church in Baghdad. This little boy, they named him after me – he was called Andrew.”

The brutality with which ISIS conducts its affairs has become known worldwide, and sadly, there does not seem to be an end to the evil they are pouring out. Iraqi forces have been unable to stop them, Syrian forces are simply holding them at bay, and today America has no stomach for such a fight. Which means thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands more will lose their lives to these monsters. Our brothers and sisters in Christ will be the first to meet the sword because they love our Lord, as we do. Will we simply stand by? Sit on our hands?

There must be something more we can do. It’s 2014. We have the Internet, television, airplanes and more… there must be something we can do. Call your local representatives, your state representatives, your national representatives. Demand they get involved and find a way to save our brothers and sisters from these Muslim terrorist evildoers. Let us not stand by as ISIS perpetuates a new Holocaust.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/7886/horror-anglican-vicar-baghdad-child-baptized-cut-half-isis/#UdzUZfc4fIggOMIm.99

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Well - where is your gun?

Seriously, have you never looked at a crozier before? It's a weapon, pure and simple, designed to keep your flock from the wolves and the wolves from your flock. You got the choice here. Wring your hands, or roll up your sleeves and wade in.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Well - where is your gun?

Seriously, have you never looked at a crozier before? It's a weapon, pure and simple, designed to keep your flock from the wolves and the wolves from your flock. You got the choice here. Wring your hands, or roll up your sleeves and wade in.

HOW DARE YOU!!!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
HOW DARE YOU!!!

:tongue2:

Best damned CO I had, ever, was a chaplain who stepped up when it all hit the fan suddenly and he wound up senior officer. Taught me a ton about being in command - not the ordering people around stuff, but the serenity aspect and knowing your people intimately. Their strengths, weaknesses, and fears. Miss him, badly at times, even now, though he's been dead for 16 years. You could talk to him about anything at all.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink