Author Topic: CHENEY: The Obama Administration 'Can't Blame George Bush Anymore'  (Read 299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.businessinsider.com/cheney-obama-absolute-gutting-of-the-us-military-2014-8

CHENEY: The Obama Administration 'Can't Blame George Bush Anymore'

Colin Campbell

Aug. 10, 2014, 10:11 AM

Former Vice President Dick Cheney lashed out again at President Barack Obama on Sunday, repeatedly accusing him of projecting "weakness" abroad and "crippling" the U.S. military.

The frequent Obama critic told radio show host and GOP megadonor John Catsimatidis that he traces "most" of the problems of Washington to the current administration.

"They can't blame George Bush anymore," Cheney quipped on AM 970 The Answer's "The Cats Roundtable." "I think he's been a failure as a president. I think the scandals, wth respect to the Veterans Administration, with respect to the IRS, these are bad situations."

Nevertheless, Cheney said there were "even worse" things going on in the Obama administration. Cheney, a foreign policy hawk and former secretary of defense, claimed cuts to the defense budget have created a particularly dire set of circumstances.

"There are even worse things going on in my mind. One is the absolute gutting of the United States military. I just read a piece this morning in the Stars and Stripes that they're getting ready to lay off 500 majors in the U.S. army," he said. "Not long ago they did the same thing with a large group of captains."

Cheney said Obama's successor would ultimately pay the price for this military reduction.

"They're dramatically cutting back the defense budget, year after year after year," he said. "That's a terrible precedent to set because it's going to cripple us in future years. When you make decisions about the defense budget, and especially when you're cutting back on it, you are crippling your successors as president."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: CHENEY: The Obama Administration 'Can't Blame George Bush Anymore'
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »
The Obama Administration 'Can't Blame George Bush Anymore'

We ALL know that's not going to keep them from trying.

Since the average emotional age of this administration is around 12, you know they can't accept responsibility for ANYTHING, so everything that's going wrong has to be Bush's fault.   If Obama weren't so dangerous, he'd be funny.

I cannot wait for the grownups to return....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »
You're more generous with their emotional ages than I would be.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:06 pm »
You're more generous with their emotional ages than I would be.

OK.  How about 6?    :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.