Author Topic: AWFUL Video: Nascar driver Tony Stewart hits and kills other driver who walked onto track [explicit]  (Read 1598 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Posted on Aug 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
By soopermexican

There is an ongoing investigation of the events overnight that took the life of a young Nascar driver who spun out during a race, and lept onto the track to angrily confront driver Tony Stewart, and was accidentally struck and killed by him. Stewart has not been charged in the death of Kevin Ward Jr., and will race again tonight. Authorities say he was very upset during a police interview.

(wild stuff, possible murder)
Read more: http://therightscoop.com/awful-video-nascar-driver-tony-stewart-hits-and-kills-other-driver-who-walked-onto-track-explicit/#ixzz39zmOOfuB 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:31:04 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Lando Lincoln

Incredible.  Stewart's notorious ego-fueled temper allowed this to happen.  I'm sure he just meant to throw some dirt at the guy but man, machine and miscalculation got in the way - and a young man is dead.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Hard to tell from the video how intentional it was or was not, but honestly, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to step out onto a racetrack and stand there yelling and pointing fingers? This could have been handled better by everyone.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:20:27 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Lando Lincoln

Hard to tell from the video how intentional it was or was not, but honestly, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to step out onto a racetrack at stand there yelling and pointing fingers? This could have been handled better by everyone.

Oh, no doubt.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There is no question that he got out of the car and ran across the track. He was actually dodging other cars on the way to Stewart, meaning that Sterwart was his target.

It could be that he ran in front of Stewart's car trying to get him to stop. No matter how this works out, it was a very stupid idea to run into the middle of an active race track no matter what the circumstances.

All drivers are mandated to stay in their cars after a wipe out unless the car is on fire. He should have waited there until the track was clear. That is what any sane, normal person would have done.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Lando Lincoln

All true.  Wonder what the outcome will be.  The civil stuff may last for years.  Stewart has a fortune.  His endorsements will end.  Career is likely done.  Criminal?  And the worst, probably?  Living with it.

John Steinbeck

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Note to self. If you step out in front of a speeding, 1200 pound sprint car, you are going to have a bad day.

Online Lando Lincoln

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/kevin-ward-jr--deserves-to-be-known-as-more-than-victim-in-tony-stewart-wreck-083005597.html

Kevin Ward Jr. deserves to be known as more than victim in Tony Stewart wreck
Jay Busbee By Jay Busbee

Kevin Ward Jr. died on Saturday night when he came in contact with Tony Stewart's vehicle during a Sprint car race at the Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park. Until the late hours of Saturday night, I had no idea who Kevin Ward Jr. was, and most likely, neither did you.

Ward, a 20-year-old kid, is about to become the jumping-off point for an entire nation to rant about motorsports in general and Stewart in particular. Before that happens, before we go barreling down the road into a world of ill-informed speculation and sweeping judgments and thundering ignorance, take a moment to think about this kid.

More at link...>

John Steinbeck

Offline flowers

I saw the video, hard to see if tony did anything intentional from it. Tony is know for losing it time to time.

Offline flowers

It is also said Tony uses a go pro camera when he drives those cars.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The buzz I am getting from other sites and the radio is that Ward was intent on attacking Stewart and ran in front of his car in an effort to stop him, apparently to kick his butt.

From what I am hearing, Stewart made some effort to avoid him by trying to turn left, but it happened too fast to avoid the collision.

That's the current story anyway, for what it is worth.

Offline flowers

The buzz I am getting from other sites and the radio is that Ward was intent on attacking Stewart and ran in front of his car in an effort to stop him, apparently to kick his butt.

From what I am hearing, Stewart made some effort to avoid him by trying to turn left, but it happened too fast to avoid the collision.

thanks.....same thing I am reading elsewhere too.

Offline ABX

If true, Ward should be up for a Darwin award.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If true, Ward should be up for a Darwin award.

He is up for that no matter what. He was very lucky to have lasted long enough in the middle of the track, even to get to Sterwart.

He was clearly not acting rationally, or reasonably. I hope they do a toxicology report to try to figure out what in the world the guy was thinking. He was behaving like someone who is out of their mind.

It is almost like he was so mad, he wanted to 'attack' Stewart's car itself. Crazy.

Online mountaineer

I think Stewart was going only 40 mph at that point, but young Ward still behaved stupidly and childishly in trying to confront him. Apparently, the wings on those cars obstruct side vision somewhat, and the kid was wearing all black.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Tony is one of those guys that's willing to race anything from the little sprint cars to the NASCAR races. In that sense, he's an asset to racing, which is going through hard times lately. (I work a side job at a small race track not much different, or far, from the one this incident happened at, and I've seen the troubles and diminishing crowds in person. There've been a number of racetracks in the area that have closed.)

Regardless of how this investigation turns out, I hope it doesn't discourage some of the bigger names from doing these things. If the reports are true, Kevin Ward was a brazen little punk—and an idiot—for doing what he did, and now he's going to be a martyr.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

Tony is one of those guys that's willing to race anything from the little sprint cars to the NASCAR races. In that sense, he's an asset to racing, which is going through hard times lately. (I work a side job at a small race track not much different, or far, from the one this incident happened at, and I've seen the troubles and diminishing crowds in person. There've been a number of racetracks in the area that have closed.)

Regardless of how this investigation turns out, I hope it doesn't discourage some of the bigger names from doing these things. If the reports are true, Kevin Ward was a brazen little punk—and an idiot—for doing what he did, and now he's going to be a martyr.

I've seen that at a local drag strip. Things are getting too expensive. Even the ricers don't make weekend runs there any longer. It costs too much to replace tires every few weeks.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/sheriff-says-no-criminal-charges-will-be-filed-against-tony-stewart-081014?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Anascaronfox

Sheriff says no criminal charges will be filed against Tony Stewart
Tom Jensen

FOX Sports

AUG 10, 2014 3:55p ET

Tony Stewart will not face criminal charges right now after a Saturday night incident in which Stewart's car struck and killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. during a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park.

In a news conference shortly after 3 p.m. ET Sunday, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Phillip C. Povero said, "At this moment there are no facts or evidence that would support a criminal charge or criminal intent."

In the incident Saturday night, Stewart and Ward crashed, and under caution Ward got out of his car and walked toward Stewart's car, gesturing at the three-time NASCAR champion. As Stewart's car approached Ward, Stewart's right-rear wheel hit Ward, who was thrown into the air and died as a result of the contact.

Stewart was replaced in today's Cheez-It 355 at the Glen by veteran Regan Smith.

The sheriff's office is examining videos from fans who were in attendance and also is awaiting formal autopsy results.

Earlier in the day, Stewart issued the following statement: "There aren't words to describe the sadness I feel about the accident that took the life of Kevin Ward Jr. It's a very emotional time for all involved, and it is the reason I've decided not to participate in today's race at Watkins Glen. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone affected by this tragedy."

Ward's family also issued a statement, saying, "We appreciate the prayers and support we are receiving from the community, but we need time to grieve and wrap our heads around all of this."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The statement was almost certainly written by an attorney for Stewart, not the by the aggressive, combative hot headed race driver himself.

But I don't think he Stewart intentionally hit the other driver, who was foolish and reckless to be walking around among fast moving cars during a race.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Many are now saying that Ward ran out in front of Stewart, Stewart throttled up and turned left to avoid him. Stewart's car spun out on the dirt track and the right rear wheel of Stewart's car hit Ward. That is the current version.

We will know more when we get Steward's driver cam footage. (if the make it public, which is unknown at this time)

Offline NavyCanDo

Of course I haven't seen all the video taken of the event, and police are gathering those, but I'm not seeing any intent on the part of Stewart, and the negligence falls on Ward’s part for getting out of his car and standing on the track. If he had a grievance with Stewart it should have been handled in the pits like countless times before in race history.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn