Author Topic: Obama Spokesman: Al Qaeda is Defeated, Now We Have to Bomb Al Qaeda  (Read 236 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Obama Spokesman: Al Qaeda is Defeated, Now We Have to Bomb Al Qaeda

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On August 9, 2014 @ 12:05 pm In The Point | 7 Comments

For those of you who have never seen a weasel frolicking in its native habitat, enjoy this clip of White House spokesman Josh Earnest trying to unearnestly answer if ISIS is still a JV Team.

Friday at the press briefing, CNN senior White House correspondent Jim Acosta pressed White House press secretary Josh Earnest on the notion of President Barack Obama bombing ISIS in Iraq means the organization is no longer a “JV” team.

Acosta referenced an interview with New Yorker magazine’s David Remnick Obama conducted in which he referred to non-al Qaeda groups in Iraq as the JV team.

“The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant,” he said.  “I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian.”

That was Obama’s excuse for ignoring Iraq and claiming that he won. Instead of answering, Earnest doubled down on claiming victory.

JIM ACOSTA, CNN: Let me ask you about something [the president] said back in January when he told the New Yorker when assessing the “ISIS” threat, he said that, “the analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if the JV team puts on a Lakers uniforms, that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant.” Is it safe to say that ISIS are no longer the “JVs”?

JOSH EARNEST, WHITE HOUSE: I think what is appropriate to say is there is no question that the Lakers uniforms that were worn, to use that analogy a little bit, that were worn by the al Qaeda leadership in Afghanistan has been decimated and defeated in Afghanistan. There is no question that is the result of the many decisions made by the president and the courageous service of our men and women in uniform and in the intelligence agencies.

For the 999th time, Al Qaeda was hardly present in Afghanistan when Obama took office. He got a CIA report to that effect. Even the mainstream media reported on it.

As he justified sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan at a cost of $30 billion a year, President Barack Obama’s description Tuesday of the al Qaeda “cancer” in that country left out one key fact: U.S. intelligence officials have concluded there are only about 100 al Qaeda fighters in the entire country.

His own CIA Director admitted it. How is this same lie still being told 5 years later?

Anyway good news. Obama defeated Al Qaeda. Now Al Qaeda is besieging Baghdad.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-spokesman-al-qaeda-is-defeated-now-we-have-to-bomb-al-qaeda/