Author Topic: Inside Obama's Vineyard vacation rental  (Read 565 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside Obama's Vineyard vacation rental
« on: August 10, 2014, 12:00:58 am »
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140809/NEWS/140809488/-1/NEWS27

By Jason Kolnos
also by Eric Williams
jkolnos@capecodonline.com
August 09, 2014

ewilliams@capecodonline.com

CHILMARK -- To the infinity pool and beyond!

When President Barack Obama arrives for his fifth summer vacation on Martha's Vineyard today, he may just want to chill out for a bit at his swanky new rental.

The Obamas will unwind at a nearly $12 million property that features a seven-bedroom house along Vineyard Sound. The home, on Gosnold's Way, is in a more secluded spot than the South Road house the first family rented last year, a location that caused traffic headaches.

This summer's 8,100-square-foot rental home has sweeping views of the Elizabeth Islands, a combination basketball and tennis court and an infinity pool, but is not located on a swimming beach. The home belongs to Joanne Hubschman, according to public records.

Hubschman did not return a phone call from the Times this week, but she told the Vineyard Gazette's Bill Eville in a report earlier this summer that the house was nicknamed Flying Dog Acres, after a series of stories her late husband Henry Hubschman used to tell his children.

The first family will be on Martha's Vineyard from Aug. 9 to 24, according to the White House. There are no public events scheduled, a White House spokesman said, although during past Island vacations the Obamas have ventured out to bicycle and visit bookstores or restaurants.

And of course the first golfer will likely hit the links several times during his vacation.

But President Obama's summer vacation will be interrupted this year, according to White House officials. He is scheduled to go to Washington, D.C., on Aug. 17 to attend White House meetings, and then return to Martha's Vineyard on Aug. 19 to resume his vacation.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest told The Associated Press that Obama would meet with staff in Washington but declined to say who else would participate or what the meetings were about.

Presidential vacation excitement is mounting on the Island, according to Nancy Gardella, executive director of the Martha's Vineyard Chamber of Commerce.“I think that nothing will top the first year, but there is absolutely still a buzz,” she said.

Gardella said she doesn't hear many complaints about the traffic delays and general hubbub a presidential vacation brings to the Island. “My experience is that the motorcade causes about as much disruption as a couple of fire engines driving by,” she said.

Though the streets might be a little more congested and temporary flight restrictions are in place by the Federal Aviation Administration, Gardella said the White House team goes out of their way to minimize the effect on the Island.

Some Island businesses capitalize on the presidential presence. Mad Martha's ice cream shop will roll out an Obama-themed flavor in its three locations, as it has in previous years, said owner Patti Roberts. "Barack My World" features coffee ice cream with caramel swirl and macadamia nuts.

Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Inside Obama's Vineyard vacation rental
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:13 am »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/09/president-obama-due-to-arrive-soon-for-2-week-marthas-vineyard-vacation/

President Obama Arrives For Martha’s Vineyard Vacation And Heads Out To Golf
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 12:06:04 am »
Where the hell is Cindy Sheehan when you need her??

:smokin:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:13:05 am »
Where the hell is Cindy Sheehan when you need her??

:smokin:

Is she still camped out by W's ranch....

Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:49 am »
The folks in Crawford had to clean up a vile mess, including human waste, from that little 'campground.'

The left is always filthy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 01:32:26 am »
"Barack My World" features coffee ice cream with caramel swirl and macadamia nuts.

Someone is very sublimely doing what we Brits call "taking the piss" there.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 04:09:51 am »
Someone is very sublimely doing what we Brits call "taking the piss" there.  :beer:

Oh please, tell me what "taking the piss" means.  I love the British colloquialisms!  When I visited England, I got a big kick out of reading the menus with their wonderful names.  Spotted Dick was one of my favorites!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 04:25:40 am »
Subtle insults with a side of ridicule. It's an art form here.

Coffee ice cream - mix of bitter black and pure vanilla.
Caramel swirl - melted sugar, for his words.
Macadamia nuts - self explanatory.

I'd buy the guy that came up with it all the beers. Talk about elegant.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 05:21:38 am »
Subtle insults with a side of ridicule. It's an art form here.

Coffee ice cream - mix of bitter black and pure vanilla.
Caramel swirl - melted sugar, for his words.
Macadamia nuts - self explanatory.

I'd buy the guy that came up with it all the beers. Talk about elegant.

I love it! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!