Author Topic: Acosta to WH: Does Obama Still Think ISIL is a ‘JV’ Team?  (Read 288 times)

rangerrebew

Acosta to WH: Does Obama Still Think ISIL is a ‘JV’ Team?
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:55:28 pm »
Acosta to WH: Does Obama Still Think ISIL is a ‘JV’ Team?

BY:  Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 8, 2014 4:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QpA0Mv808k
CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta questioned White House press secretary Josh Earnest about President Obama’s previous comment comparing ISIL to a “JV team.”

“The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant. I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian,” President Obama said in a January interview with The New Yorker.

After repeating the President’s “JV team” remarks, Acosta asked Earnest “Is it safe to say that ISIL – they are no longer the JV’s?”

Earnest responded, “Well, I think what is appropriate to say is that there is no question that the Laker uniforms that were worn…by the Al Qaeda leadership in Afghanistan, has been decimated and defeated in Afghanistan- there’s no question about that. And that is the result of the many decisions that were made by the president.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/acosta-to-wh-does-obama-still-think-isil-is-a-jv-team/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:56:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Acosta to WH: Does Obama Still Think ISIL is a ‘JV’ Team?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:41:30 pm »
Asked by CNN reporter, played on C-SPAN2.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:39:21 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln