Author Topic: Weekly Address; ‘There’s No American Military Solution’: Obama Speaks on the New Intervention in Iraq  (Read 794 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/09/theres-no-american-military-solution-obama-speaks-on-the-new-intervention-in-iraq/

‘There’s No American Military Solution’: Obama Speaks on the New Intervention in Iraq
Aug. 9, 2014 9:10am Zach Noble   

In his weekly address Saturday morning, President Barack Obama laid out his thinking behind the recent American airstrikes in Iraq, and affirmed a major point: he’s not planning to send in troops.

“We’ve begun a humanitarian effort to help those Iraqi civilians trapped on [Mount Sinjar],” Obama said. “The terrorists that have taken over parts of Iraq have been especially brutal to religious minorities — rounding up families, executing men, enslaving women, and threatening the systematic destruction of an entire religious community, which would be genocide.”

The U.S. has dropped food and supplies to trapped minorities, as well as executing targeted airstrikes against the advancing forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“The United States cannot and should not intervene every time there’s a crisis in the world,” Obama said. “But when there’s a situation like the one on this mountain — when countless innocent people are facing a massacre, and when we have the ability to help prevent it — the United States can’t just look away.”

But despite the rapid takeover of large swaths of Iraq by the radical group ISIS, Obama said he would not retrace his predecessor’s footsteps and send American troops into the country.

“As Commander-in-Chief, I will not allow the United States to be dragged into fighting another war in Iraq,” Obama said. “American combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq, because there’s no American military solution to the larger crisis there.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_czB1K1ogk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Right.  What will he say when ISIS/ISIL shoot down an American carrier aircraft, or one of those humanitarian relief flights??

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Right.  What will he say when ISIS/ISIL shoot down an American carrier aircraft, or one of those humanitarian relief flights??
"I didn't know about it until I saw it on the news."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

If there is no military solution, why is he bombing and risking American lives? :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
George W. Bush wouldn't have hesitated to use the trapped Christians as an excuse to put American troops back on the ground inside Iraq.

And not to solely dispatch ISIS fighters.  You have no chance to beat the US in a shooting war from the backs of Toyota 4X4s.

30-40K troops in Iraq today would quiet the entire region.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

It is best to stop ISIS/ISIL now before they get way to powerful. It is best to nip it in the bud.  I guess people hasn't learned the lesson in how WWII started..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Obama is setting this up for low expectation.

"Hey, I didn't say we would win." "I didn't go back on my pledge to leave Iraq, this is just a little skirmish."

"It is not war, it is humanitarian."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

"It is not war, it is humanitarian."

If you will remember, the politically correct term for war, in the world according to Obama, is "kinetic action." :3:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:47:17 pm by rangerrebew »