Author Topic: National Public Radio Ombudsman: “Balance” is Not Our Guiding Ethic  (Read 437 times)

rangerrebew

National Public Radio Ombudsman: “Balance” is Not Our Guiding Ethic

Don Irvine  —   August 7, 2014 

This probably won’t come as a shock to conservatives, but National Public Radio admitted on Wednesday that “balance” isn’t the network’s guiding ethic.

The revelation came during a Reddit Ask Me Anything session with NPR ombudsman Edward Schumacher-Matos:

NPR’s guiding ethic is not ‘balance,’ in the sense that you present two sides as equal in their merits. Often factually they are not. Our responsibility is to give listeners and Web readers the correct facts and context. There might still be two opinions on how to interpret the facts, or which ones to give more weight to. NPR’s responsibility is to allow listeners to hear those opinions, especially if they have influence. Wacko or irrelevant opinions can be disregarded. What is wacko is a judgment call.

In other words, listeners aren’t capable of determining for themselves what is correct, so NPR is doing them a favor by deciding for them.

And they wonder why conservatives think they’re liberally biased?

Oceander

NPR has now officially admitted that it is an echo chamber.

Offline musiclady

I think what NPR determines a 'correct fact' is whatever fits their leftist template.

As with other news sources, they are no longer hiding their leftist bias.

Perhaps that's progress when one is looking for the truth.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

NPR and the democrats have lied so much they can no longer discern the difference between a lie, distortion, or a total fabrication.  Truth isn't even in their vocabularies.