Author Topic: Feinstein: 'It takes an army to defeat an army'  (Read 399 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Feinstein: 'It takes an army to defeat an army'
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:24 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Feinstein: 'It takes an army to defeat an army'
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 06:45:07 AM »
I know she's a hard core progressive and often says stupid things, but I will grant DiFi this - she takes her job on the intelligence committee totally seriously.

Second time I've agreed with her in less than a month.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
Holy SH*T! Unlike the Putter in Chief, she gets it!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »
Feinstein: 'It takes an army to defeat an army'

Obama: 'Let's cut U.S. troop strength even more'
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
I posted in another thread that, according to military times, the US may need to put 15,000 boots on the ground.  Feinstein may have just fired the first salvo to soften the American people as to what Obama has in mind.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
I posted in another thread that, according to military times, the US may need to put 15,000 boots on the ground.  Feinstein may have just fired the first salvo to soften the American people as to what Obama has in mind.

I think she's trying to get him to move in the right direction, because DiFi is in a position to see the same intelligence he has access to, and she knows damned well that a couple of 500 pounders on a single artillery piece means nothing.  She also knows exactly what ISIS/ISIL have captured from the disintegrating Iraqi army and what it is going to take to address it properly.  I don't think she has any more confidence in this President than anyone else, but is still trying hard not to directly say he's full of shit....

DiFi is a dedicated Democrat, but she is one of the few who has by choice been immersed in reality via National Intelligence for quite some time.  She is worth listening closely to on these matters because she is admonishing Obama on a fairly regular basis.  I suspect she is far less polite around select company....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf