Author Topic: ‘Brave German Woman’ Rebukes Muslim Imam in Historic Church  (Read 350 times)

rangerrebew

‘Brave German Woman’ Rebukes Muslim Imam in Historic Church

Posted 16 mins ago by Dave Jolly Filed under Christianity, Islam, Religion

In 1529, the Diet of Speyer took place in what is now known as Spires, Germany. It was convened by the Holy Roman Empire. One of the main purposes for of the meeting was to condemn the reformation efforts put forth at the Diet of Speyer held in 1526. The Roman Catholic Church was fighting the growing effects of the Protestant Reformation that started in 1517 in Wittenberg.

The Lutherans in attendance at the 1529 Diet stood their ground against the overwhelming authority and power of the Roman Catholic Church, knowing that their actions could well result in their death. It was their protesting that led to the term Protestants, still used today to distinguish them from Roman Catholics.

To commemorate Diet of Speyer and the rise of Protestantism, Lutherans in Speyer built the Gedӓchtnishkirche der Protestation or the Memorial Church of the Protestation. Construction of the church began in 1893 and was completed in 1904. The church has since become a famous historic landmark.

What would you do if you knew that this historic church, built to commemorate the unwillingness of Lutherans to compromise their faith was planning on hosting an interfaith concert with Muslims? As a Christian, you should be outraged and make your voice heard. Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God.

One German woman did just that.

Heidi Mund was a former atheist who became such a strong Christian that she was willing to stand up for her faith. When she heard about the Christian-Islam event at the historic church, she decided to drive the hour and half to Spire to attend the event. She took a flag with her that said ‘Christ is Lord.’

Mund was sitting in the balcony when a Muslim imam began calling out the Muslim call to prayer. She told CBN News what happened:

“Until the imam started with his shouting [“Allahu Akbar!”], I did not really know what to do. I was just prepared for what God wants me to do,” she told CBN News.

Then the Muslim call to prayer began, and Heidi said she felt something rising up inside her.

“I would call it a holy anger,” she recounted. “And then I rose with my flag and I was calling and proclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord over Germany”…

And she repeated the words of Martin Luther in 1521 after he refused to recant his faith in scripture alone: “Here I stand. I can do no other” and “Save the church of Martin Luther!”

Video shows another concert-goer trying to calm her by saying, “This is a concert for peace.”

Mund can be heard responding in German, “No it’s not! Allahu Akbar is what Muslims scream while murdering people! Don’t be fooled! Don’t be fooled! This is a lie!”

She was thrown out of the church.

“They should have thrown the imam out and not me because I am a believer in Jesus Christ, but he serves another god. This Allah is not the same god. And this is not the truth.”

“This ‘allahu akbar,’ they use it when they kill people,” she argued. “This is, for me, worship to an idol, to their god. And when a Muslim calls ‘allahu akbar’ in a church, that means this church is not a church anymore, it’s a mosque.”

The God of the Bible is NOT Allah. The God of the Bible does not tell us to murder all unbelievers, but to love and witness to them. The God of the Bible told us that He sacrificed His Son for our sins. Allah never made any sacrifice for Muslims. Instead, they are required to work and earn their salvation. The differences between them are far too numerous to list here, but there is no way that Allah can be equated as being the same as the God of the Bible.

When God handed down the Ten Commandments to Moses, the very first commandment was that we were not to have any other God before him. Islam is guilty of violating that first commandment and so are the Christians involved with organizing the event.

When Mund spoke about the Islamic phrase ‘allahu akbar’ she was absolutely correct. It is a common call prior to battle against non-Muslims. Even Muhammad shouted it out prior to his war on tribes that would not submit to his authority and religion.

I applaud Heidi Mund for having the conviction of her faith to stand up and condemn the imam and the Muslim call to worship. She knows that her actions could place her life in danger from Muslims, but she says she’s not afraid because of her faith in Jesus Christ. When her time comes, she looks forward to leaving this life and starting her eternal life with Jesus. Mund is a hero of the Christian faith.

Mund reminds me of the actions that Jesus took when he turned over the tables of the money changes in the synagogue. Mund had similar righteous anger. She should be an inspiration to all Christians to stand up and speak out when they see things that go against the Christian faith. This not only means the blasphemous desecration of a church by Muslims, but it should also include the promotion of homosexuality and same-sex marriage. God condemned it in the Old and New Testaments and we should be condemning it also. Christians have allowed these things to happen because they sit and remain silent. It’s time to end the silence and make our voices heard.

What about you? Are you willing to stand up for your Christian faith? Are you willing to be like Heidi Mund or will you continue to sit in silence and allow people blaspheme against God, Jesus, the Bible and your church?

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16589/brave-german-woman-rebukes-muslim-imam-historic-church/#m0GCvbAyiMhrZ1ZH.99