Author Topic: Mainstream Media Now Hinting “Something Big” By Obama On August 17th by DW Ulsterman  (Read 648 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://ulstermanbooks.com/mainstream-media-now-hinting-something-big-obama-august-17th/

Heard no fewer than three cable news reporters on three different networks suggest “something big” may be scheduled around Barack Obama’s return from vacation to the White House on August 17th.  (The most recent being Fox News within the last hour) This speculation began HERE after a tip on the very same subject.

This was the headline here yesterday:

D.C. WHISPERS: Barack Obama Preparing Pardon Pen For Illegals August 17th?

Within this report was the following paragraph:

Earlier today we published a notice indicating the president would be returning from his Martha’s Vineyard vacation back to the White House on August 17th.  He would then leave the White House to resume his vacation on August 19th.

A short time after posting that blog, I received a message indicating the White House inner circle has been contemplating for some time the administration’s options in performing something both “sweeping” and “comprehensive” that would energize the Democratic base and “form battle lines just prior to the Midterm Elections.”  LINK

Initially my remarks regarding this information was to say “NO WAY” the administration would attempt something so potentially damaging to the Democratic Party mere weeks removed from the Midterm Elections, but now with media figures contemplating the August 17th date no more than 48 hours after being reported here, I have no choice but to push the idea into the “possible” category.

I will reiterate that if some form of mass amnesty and/or pardon plan is to be initiate by Executive Order on August 17th, it will be a direct attack upon the separation of powers and the entire constitutional foundation of the United States.

Perhaps that alone makes it worth the risk to those within the administration who would support such a move.

Some thought that would be the date the president would announce military action in Iraq. This morning we learned that action has already begun, thus taking that possibility off the August 17th speculative table.

For now we can only listen as an increasing number of media figures repeat the phrase “something big” is to take place August 17th, and hope either the administration changes its mind, or this speculation is proven wrong.

Start the countdown…

Posted by ulsterman
August 8, 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

There's one BIG thing he could do that might save the dim party in Nov., and that would be to resign.  :tongue2:

Offline musiclady

Wow.  This really IS the face of evil, isn't it?

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

Muslims are known for doing something on anniversary dates.  Wonder what it is in Barry's case?

Offline GourmetDan

August 17?

Good, I was concerned that he was going to wait until after the elections to do something 'big'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
August 17 -- Obama crowns himself declaring his independence from the confines of Congress or Law

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I think this is much ado about nothing, or at least very little.  This President has proven himself to be incapable of meaningful action about anything.  He's good about making speeches but that's about it.  Whatever he is contemplating doing on immigration will be very limited because he simply does not have the authority or the power to do anything substantial.  All he can do is play with the fiddly bits and try to make a big to-do about nothing.

Offline speekinout

I think this is much ado about nothing, or at least very little.  This President has proven himself to be incapable of meaningful action about anything.  He's good about making speeches but that's about it.  Whatever he is contemplating doing on immigration will be very limited because he simply does not have the authority or the power to do anything substantial.  All he can do is play with the fiddly bits and try to make a big to-do about nothing.

Absolutely agree. That's why I made a silly joke about him resigning. He's never done anything significant, nor does he want to.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just thinking out loud here.

Wouldn't a pardon be tantamount to an admission they are criminals in the first place? While the pardon would cover their entry into the country, to be here illegally most would have to break many laws including identity theft, tax fraud, social security fraud, benefits fraud etc.

A pardon would have to be carefully worded to include the plethora of crimes committed by almost all illegals just by the act of staying here. BUT, even with that, it would not protect them from civil lawsuits.

Specifically, I go back to the identity theft aspect of this. Not only is there a criminal aspect, but you also have the need for compensation to the victims. While they may not be able to file criminal charges, they would have a case civilly against those who committed the crime

The challenge is finding the specific person who stole the specific identification.

However, couldn't a civil case be made by citizens against the administration requesting just compensation for their losses due to identity theft of the people he pardoned?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well, maybe this is what KRAUTHAMMER keeps talking about...maybe the 17th is the date Obama grants amnesty....according to KRAUTHAMMER Bam will grant amnesty just to throw the country into a constitutional crisis hoping the Repubs will draw up articles of impeachment......I know this seems far fetched but KRAUTHAMMER keeps repeating this on all the shows I have seen him on...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, maybe this is what KRAUTHAMMER keeps talking about...maybe the 17th is the date Obama grants amnesty....according to KRAUTHAMMER Bam will grant amnesty just to throw the country into a constitutional crisis hoping the Repubs will draw up articles of impeachment......I know this seems far fetched but KRAUTHAMMER keeps repeating this on all the shows I have seen him on...

No one is going to impeach Obama. Except Obama himself (or maybe the Democrats). He may impeach himself. HE WOULD LOVE IT.

I is da Black man. I has been thrown out.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Just thinking out loud here.

Wouldn't a pardon be tantamount to an admission they are criminals in the first place? While the pardon would cover their entry into the country, to be here illegally most would have to break many laws including identity theft, tax fraud, social security fraud, benefits fraud etc.

A pardon would have to be carefully worded to include the plethora of crimes committed by almost all illegals just by the act of staying here. BUT, even with that, it would not protect them from civil lawsuits.

Specifically, I go back to the identity theft aspect of this. Not only is there a criminal aspect, but you also have the need for compensation to the victims. While they may not be able to file criminal charges, they would have a case civilly against those who committed the crime

The challenge is finding the specific person who stole the specific identification.

However, couldn't a civil case be made by citizens against the administration requesting just compensation for their losses due to identity theft of the people he pardoned?

He cannot issue a blanket pardon for 5 million people who have not been convicted of anything to pardon.  That's too much like doing something he could be directly blamed for, which is why he won't go there.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
NO.

The worst punishment Obama could endure, is to remain there. To impeach him would be too easy. Let him wallow in the HELL on Earth he has created.

The blood of hundreds of thousands of innocent people is squarely on his head. And he will go to his grave with that. I will give him no 'out'.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:41:22 pm by 240B »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Why would he wait until August 17-- of all days, a Sunday?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama, I think it is clear, wants to be King of America. And all of these foreign distactions are very upsetting to him. He does not, and never has, intended to be the defender of America. His goal was to rule America.

Now with all this 'inconsequential disruption' by Russia, and the 'irresponsible behavior' from ISIS, this has forced him to deviate from his goal, which is us.

He now has to focus on foreign enemies which he does not necessarialy consider to be 'His' enemies.

Oh, woe is us, it is hard to be the king.

This is a person that is so focused internally, so focused on 'his own people'(no pun intended), that he cannot recognize a foreign threat until they are bombing America.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 02:39:57 pm by 240B »

Offline katzenjammer

File this post in the category of Idle Speculation....

The report I read that he was coming back on Sunday, August 17 for "meetings" at the White House.
The only full day in DC during this trip is Monday, August 18 (as he is scheduled to return to the Vineyard on Tuesday).

So.... anything notable about August 18th??   Maybe, the 120th anniversary of:

August 18, 1894  -  Congress creates Bureau of Immigration

??

:shrug:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Probably more significant for Obama- August 8, 1946 - Golf Writers Associaton of America forms