Author Topic: Boehner ‘dismayed’ with Obama’s strategy  (Read 468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner ‘dismayed’ with Obama’s strategy
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:06:39 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/214679-boehner-dismayed-at-obamas-iraq-strategy

Boehner ‘dismayed’ with Obama’s strategy

By Jesse Byrnes - 08/08/14 10:44 AM EDT

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) called President Obama's authorization of targeted airstrikes in Iraq “appropriate” but said he was “dismayed” at what he considered a lackluster strategy to combat Islamic extremists.

“The president’s authorization of airstrikes is appropriate, but like many Americans, I am dismayed by the ongoing absence of a strategy for countering the grave threat [the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria] poses to the region,” Boehner said in a statement.

Boehner charged that the White House has been disengaged from the crisis in Iraq, “despite warnings from Iraqi leaders, Congress, and even members of its own administration.”

He also criticized Obama for being more focused on keeping a political promise to end the Iraq War than in coming up with a way to complete the U.S. mission in Iraq.,

On Thursday night, Obama announced his authorization of limited airstrikes in Iraq to combat militants with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and aid Kurdish fighters.

Two U.S. fighter jets on Friday dropped laser-guided bombs in northern Iraq to help refugees under siege.

“I’ve said before, the United States cannot and should not intervene every time there’s a crisis in the world,” Obama said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Boehner ‘dismayed’ with Obama’s strategy
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »
“I’ve said before, the United States cannot and should not intervene every time there’s a crisis in the world,” Obama said.

I just love the way this guy constantly sets up strawmen so he can knock them down.

Yep, he's a genius alright...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan