Author Topic: Kerry: 'The United States Is Acting and Leading' in Iraq  (Read 1117 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry: 'The United States Is Acting and Leading' in Iraq
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/kerry-united-states-acting-and-leading-iraq

Kerry: 'The United States Is Acting and Leading' in Iraq
August 8, 2014 - 5:41 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - Secretary of State John Kerry hailed President Obama for acting "expeditiously and appropriately" in authorizing airstrikes on ISIS/ISIL terrorists in Iraq.

"The United States is acting and leading, and the world cannot sit by and watch innocents die," Kerry said in a statement issued Thursday night, shortly after Obama set three specific conditions for striking ISIS/ISIL terrorists.

"ISIL’s campaign of terror against the innocent, including Yezedi and Christian minorities, and its grotesque and targeted acts of violence bear all the warning signs and hallmarks of genocide. For anyone who needed a wake-up call, this is it," Kerry said.

"ISIL is fighting to divide and destroy Iraq – and ISIL is offering nothing to anyone except chaos, nihilism, and ruthless thuggery. With a gut-wrenching humanitarian crisis unfolding, and the rolls of the starving and sick growing daily, there’s not a minute to waste. The United States is acting and leading, and the world cannot sit by and watch innocents die.

Kerry said the Obama administration will continue to coordinate with its allies in the region as well as the international community to help Iraqis "confront ISIL’s brutal ideology, which poses a severe threat to Iraq, the region, and the United States."

In concluding, Kerry offered the assurance that "I will remain closely engaged with Ambassador Beecroft, Deputy Assistant Secretary McGurk, and our team on the ground as we work to ensure that our personnel in Erbil, Baghdad, and across Iraq are secure."

Obama acting 'expeditiously'?

As CNSNews.com previously reported, the Islamic terrorists intent on establishing their own state stretching from Syria to Iraq warned back in January that they intended to march on Baghdad and move into "direct confrontation" with the United States.

When the House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on February 5 on al Qaida’s resurgence in Iraq, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Iran and Iraq Brett McGurk presented written testimony explaining the agenda of ISIS/ISIL and discussed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's audio message to Americans.

“Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day,” Baghdadi said. “So watch, for we are with you, watching.”

“We take such threats seriously and through cooperation with this committee and the Congress, we intend to help the Iraqis in their efforts to defeat ISIL over long term,” McGurk told the committee in his spoken testimony.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Kerry: 'The United States Is Acting and Leading' in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:09:03 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:59:15 pm »
Seen on Twitter:

John Galt Report ‏@JohnGaltReport  · 14m 
.@JohnKerry Are you concerned with how many innocents may be killed with your "surgical" strikes at #ISIS?

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:19:42 pm »
Presented with yet another crisis partly of their own making, the inept Obama administration waited far, far too long to take these actions.

We can now expect them to say all the right things, and to claim they prevented further genocide, by decisive actions to save lives.

The counter claim is they knew from the start what would happen, sat on their hands as it happened, and are unwilling still to do enough to prevent further genocide.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:23:17 pm »
Here's a thought.....WTF is Obama's plan for when ISIS shoots down an American FA-18 and captures the pilot after he ejects??

Then what??

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:25:50 pm »
Presented with yet another crisis partly of their own making, the inept Obama administration waited far, far too long to take these actions.

Now that all of the non-Muslims have been slaughtered or driven from their homes & towns by these barbarians, the administration decides to take action.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 04:30:44 pm »
pfffffft!  I see ebama is leaving for his 2 week vacation tomorrow.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:33:00 pm »
i watched CNN last night on the coverage on this. I was in total shock, they were actually telling the truth about the killing of Christians. then again i guess they need to cover ebamas back.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 04:41:01 pm »
The biggest hypocrisy here...

On one hand, the Obama Administration...and the global Left are coming to the assistance of the Iraqi Christians, surrounded by ISIL 'troops',  trapped on that mountain, calling it "GENOCIDE"....while OTOH, they are condemning Israel, surrounded by enemies who vow their destruction and promise to kill every Jew possible.  Isn't that "Genocide" too?

....crickets
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:16 pm »
i watched CNN last night on the coverage on this. I was in total shock, they were actually telling the truth about the killing of Christians. then again i guess they need to cover ebamas back.
I've been listening to CNN quite a lot, and compared to Fox they often give more in depth coverage of news stories. 

I personally find some conservatives are wrapped too tightly into their cocoons of victimhood, discrimination, controversy to see the real world. The mainstream media DOES cover things which conservatives CLAIM they do NOT cover.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 07:32:08 pm »
I've been listening to CNN quite a lot, and compared to Fox they often give more in depth coverage of news stories. 

I personally find some conservatives are wrapped too tightly into their cocoons of victimhood, discrimination, controversy to see the real world. The mainstream media DOES cover things which conservatives CLAIM they do NOT cover.
So you and I are the 2 viewers besides all those in airports that watch CNN....... :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »
So you and I are the 2 viewers besides all those in airports that watch CNN....... :laugh:
I listen to CNN on XM satellite radio. Mostly I listen to Fox Business, followed by Fox News, etc. I do not watch television news at all.

But lately increasingly CNN seems to be covering major news stories, more often than Fox News.

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »

It's awesome that they have someone who sees himself as superior, to point this out. You seem to have a lot in common with Barack Obama.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 08:40:40 pm »
I listen to CNN on XM satellite radio. Mostly I listen to Fox Business, followed by Fox News, etc. I do not watch television news at all.

But lately increasingly CNN seems to be covering major news stories, more often than Fox News.

Perhaps events have dictated to the MSM that they go into CYA mode...in order to maintain a semblance of objectivity.

Seems like everyone but NBC is trying to appear respectable.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 09:01:11 pm »
Here's a thought.....WTF is Obama's plan for when ISIS shoots down an American FA-18 and captures the pilot after he ejects??

Then what??

Obama will throw a big party to celebrate a member of the military being killed or captured. :Odance:  By the way, who is doing the leading?  Pee Wee Herman, J$ss$ J$cks$n, Hank Johnson?  Obama has already said his style is to lead from behind.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:04:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
It's awesome that they have someone who sees himself as superior, to point this out. You seem to have a lot in common with Barack Obama.
You must see yourself as quite a mind reader. That in and of itself, is an expression of your superiority.

Stalking me will get you nothing of value in life. And finally my remarks were with somebody else, and we were peacefully discussing a subject, which you have now barged into uninvited, and made a jerk of yourself, again.

If you spit your personal venom at me, expect to get some back.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:28:42 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 03:00:03 pm »
You must see yourself as quite a mind reader. That in and of itself, is an expression of your superiority.

Stalking me will get you nothing of value in life. And finally my remarks were with somebody else, and we were peacefully discussing a subject, which you have now barged into uninvited, and made a jerk of yourself, again.

If you spit your personal venom at me, expect to get some back.

If you're exchanging things that you don't want others to "barge into" you should PM. This is an open forum.

You flatter yourself. I don't stalk. But I see your comments, and your constant swipes at anything you see as "conservative". I admit, it annoys me, so I reply.

If you see me as a jerk, I wear it as a badge of honor. Keep kicking conservatives in open forum, and you'll get my replies. Just how it works.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 03:07:45 pm »
Isn't that "Genocide" too?

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
noun: genocide; plural noun: genocides

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

------------------

It would be if Israel was actually suffering noteworthy combat casualties, which it isn't.

Also...

Who surrounds who?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:11:31 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 06:06:16 pm »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »
gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
noun: genocide; plural noun: genocides

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

------------------

It would be if Israel was actually suffering noteworthy combat casualties, which it isn't.

Also...

Who surrounds who?

-----UNSHUN----

Why don't you shoot on over to the breakroom and brew a cup of GFY.

-----SHUN----
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 06:56:34 pm »

-----UNSHUN----

-----SHUN----

Politics and Religion...two topics that are bound to instigate an argument.

Add a third one....the Israel/Palestinian conflict.

People we regard as [somewhat] normal become Mister Hyde whenever the topic is who's right and who's wrong.  The Israelis....for the lengths they will go to protect their citizens?   Or, The Palestinians who somehow only interpret 'victory' depending on how many Jews are killed?

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 07:41:33 pm »
Man, losing that butler gig on the "ADDAMS FAMILY" has really f*cked Jean-Claude up.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »
Man, losing that butler gig on the "ADDAMS FAMILY" has really f*cked Jean-Claude up.

He does have a resemblance, doesn't he?  Especially since the BOTOX lip set in.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 03:20:09 am »

-----UNSHUN----

-----SHUN----

I apologize if I have offended you; that was not my intention, and it is my hope that we can have civil conversations despite whatever differences in opinion we may have.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates