Author Topic: 'Paranoid' white Detroit homeowner who shot unarmed black teenage girl dead on his porch is found GUILTY of murder  (Read 722 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719306/Paranoid-white-Detroit-homeowner-shot-unarmed-black-teenage-girl-dead-porch-GUILTY-murder.html

Detroit jury found Theodore Wafer, 55, guilty of the second degree murder of 19-year-old Renisha McBride
Wafer shot African American teen McBride dead outside his home after she knocked on his door asking for help
He used a shotgun and shot her in the face
McBride had been drinking and smoking marijuana before the November shooting
Prosecutors earlier said that Wafer became the 'judge, jury and executioner'
McBride's mother told the court that she wishes Wafer had dialled 911 before he opened fire

Offline NavyCanDo

Not sure why the had to include race into the title - but I totally agree with the verdict.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

The verdict is the correct one.  There is no evidence this guy needed to be in fear for his life.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Not sure why the had to include race into the title - but I totally agree with the verdict.

Because everything everywhere is now about race.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Maybe he had been drinking and smoking marijuana, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline speekinout

The worst part of this is that it is a good argument against gun ownership. Wafer wasn't in any category that would prevent him getting a legal gun, but he surely had horrible judgment. That situation required a call to 911. Nothing else.

I hope he gets a lengthy sentence. That might deter others who think having a gun means that it's the first option in an unknown situation.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The 911 call was all she wanted. All he had to do was yell through the door that police are on the way.

But, because he was drunk and stoned and had drugs in the house, he didn't want cops about the place. So, he decided to handle the situation himself.

He chose poorly.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The 911 call was all she wanted. All he had to do was yell through the door that police are on the way.

But, because he was drunk and stoned and had drugs in the house, he didn't want cops about the place. So, he decided to handle the situation himself.

He chose poorly.
You know he was drunk and stoned, and had drugs in the house? Or just guessing?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Obviously, the guy is guilty.

But... remember, this is Detroit, of all places, where even the chief of police has told citizens that the police can no longer defend them and that they should arm themselves against criminals.

It is not some comfortable suburb where folks can relax.

Again, it's Detroit -- where the failure to act, and act quickly, against an intruder can turn against you just as quickly.

Just something to consider.

Also.. what time did this occur?
Wasn't it very late, after midnight?
Again, when someone's banging on your door at 1am -- in Detroit -- it's NOT likely to be anything good.

A question for you Texans:
Let's just suppose a similar scenario occurred in Texas at 1am in the morning, with similar results.
What does the law say about trespassing and protecting one's property down there?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You know he was drunk and stoned, and had drugs in the house? Or just guessing?

Yep, you're right. I got the two mixed up. She was the one who was drunk and stoned. However, all that does is make it a bigger mystery why he wouldn't just call the police.

I wonder what was wrong with him. These days, that's the first thing everyone does. I don't know what he was thinking? Maybe he was drunk and stoned too. Or had some reason not to want cops at his house. I don't know.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.