Author Topic: Russians Mock Obama With Racist Laser Projection On U.S. Embassy In Moscow  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Russians Mock Obama With Racist Laser Projection On U.S. Embassy In Moscow

The Huffington Post    | By  Ed Mazza   

Posted:  08/06/2014 11:14 pm EDT    Updated:  08/06/2014 11:59 pm EDT   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iPnao3zqU

President Barack Obama received birthday greetings from around the world when he turned 53 years old on Monday, but some of those wishes weren't exactly well.

In Russia, protesters used lasers to beam a crude, racist image of Obama onto the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. The image showed the president in a birthday hat with a banana going in and out of his mouth followed by projections of the words "Obama" and "happy birthday" in English.

The Moscow Student Initiative took responsibility for the stunt on VK, a social network popular in Russia.

Racially-charged messages aimed at Obama have been cropping up with alarming regularity in Russia. Also on the president's birthday, a banner depicting Obama as the "Three Wise Monkeys" -- see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil -- was unfurled near the U.S. Consular Section in Moscow, The Washington Post reported.

Images of the banner made the rounds on Twitter:

In June, a series of racially-charged posters were displayed around the city of Perm, with one showing the president with a banana, The Moscow Times reported.

And in February, former figure skater Irina Rodnina, who helped to light the Olympic flame in Sochi, tweeted a racist image of Obama with a banana. Rodnina, a three-time gold medalist, is currently a politician.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/russia-racist-laser-obama_n_5656732.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:01:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

I don't mean to be crude, but perhaps the banana (also) was an allusion to Barry's relationship with Reggie Love.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

Of course people will see the banner as racist.  Instead, it has everything to do with the man and his policies.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

What's really sad is, I am beginning to like the Russians more and more.

Offline musiclady

There is absolutely NOTHING racist about that banner.

In fact, I like it!  It suits Obama's apathy to a T.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

The relationship between Moscow and Washington DC hasn’t been this bad since Khruschev pounded his shoe.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

The ears aren't big enough...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

Exactly, NCD.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org