Author Topic: Ex-NFL Linebacker to Blacks: 'We Have to Do Better' Than Obama  (Read 467 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=587311

Newsmax
Ex-NFL Linebacker to Blacks: 'We Have to Do Better' Than Obama
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 05:51 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

President Barack Obama has not served African Americans well, according to Garry Cobb, a former linebacker for the Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, and Dallas Cowboys and current GOP candidate for a House seat out of New Jersey.

"We have to do better, we've got to do much better than that and I don't think he's done a good job,'' Cobb said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"You can see that African Americans are not doing well. You talk about … minimum wage. Minimum wage goes after young African American kids because it doesn't let them in the workforce. We've already got a huge unemployment rate with the African American kids, so we want to put an end to that.

"We celebrate the fact that [Obama] became president … but he hasn't really done anything for the African American community during that time.''

Cobb, who grew up in North Carolina, said a strong education is key element to the development of youngsters and "a door out of poverty.''

"We started out poor…. As a kid I could remember eating mayonnaise sandwiches, ketchup sandwiches and drinking sugar water, but we were able to go out and do better than our parents and that's what my parents dreamed of,'' he said.

But a program to eliminate poverty enacted by President Lyndon B. Johnson encouraged men to leave the home and "it destroyed African American families throughout the country, according to Cobb.

"I was all into the Democratic Party and everything and then I started realizing they helped destroy our communities and we're celebrating electing these people,'' he said.

"African American communities throughout the country are doing horribly under Democratic-run cities and that's why I want to put an end to it.''

Cobb, who will face Democrat Donald Norcross in November for the Garden State's 1st congressional district, volunteers his time to help underprivileged youngsters in the Camden area.

"I'm talking to the youngsters, trying to give them motivation to stay in school and I've been doing that for the last 20 years so I've given of myself,'' he said.

"I did it when there was quote-unquote nothing to gain necessarily for me, but it's just the way I feel and I wasn't looking to get involved in politics, but it's something I need to do … I want to see kids get a chance to get an education.''

Cobb, who is also a radio personality on Philadelphia's WIP radio, is author with Pat Breslin of "Don't Be Clueless: 7 Keys to Life in the Real World,'' published by Lyons Press.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Ex-NFL Linebacker to Blacks: 'We Have to Do Better' Than Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:50:17 pm »
 :patriot:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Re: Ex-NFL Linebacker to Blacks: 'We Have to Do Better' Than Obama
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »
 :patriot: