Author Topic: Triangle UFO Above Germany Leaves Questions In Its Wake (VIDEO)  (Read 1173 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Don't worry. None kook.

When a UFO video seems too good to be true -- is it?

We've pointed out many times how difficult it is to identify hoaxes among UFO photos and videos, and computer technology has just added to the confusion. With the right app or Photoshop elements, even youngsters can create and post real-looking, out-of-this-world UFOs to YouTube faster than you can say, "ET, phone home." But the footage doesn't always hold up under expert scrutiny.

Consider this recent example: A triangular UFO was reportedly videotaped over Kassel, Germany, on June 26 by a man who was taping his son playing in a park, reports the International Business Times.

Watch the triangle UFO here.

Scott C. Waring, who runs the UFO Sightings Daily site, thinks it's the genuine article.

"The fact that the person blurred out the face of the kid and didn't get the UFO in the dead center of the video is what causes me to believe this is real," he said. "Also, the lighting and shading on the UFO matches that of the trees and the bars of [the] jungle gym."

But is that analysis enough to give this UFO the seal of approval? Other experts say no.

"There are two giveaway segments" that show the UFO is computer-generated, said Marc Dantonio, chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network. "As the object is first seen, you notice that the cameraman shifts the camera up and down a bit. The object should not be affected by this motion at all."

Dantonio, who was featured on last month's Syfy Channel documentary, "Aliens on the Moon: The Truth Exposed," told The Huffington Post in an email that the triangular object in this Germany video should appear to move smoothly through the sky. "Its path, however, indicates anything but. As the camera moves, the object shifts in the sky in direct correlation to the movements of the camera.

"This shows me that this is a CG composition where the UFO flying in the sky was poorly tracked with ground objects. This happens several times," Dantonio wrote.

Read more and the video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/triangle-ufo-over-germany_n_5639700.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Oceander

Re: Triangle UFO Above Germany Leaves Questions In Its Wake (VIDEO)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »
there's a little wiggle in the "ufo" track just as it passes over the dark pole near the end of the video that clearly bears out the claim that this is a cgi composition.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »
It's badly done.

Not saying there isn't odd shit out there. I've seen one for definite, while driving. Seen fiik lights while flying too. But this - it's too silly for words.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:35:18 pm »
what too many seem to forget is that the "U" in UFO means unidentified, which is most definitely not a synonym for extraterrestrial.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »
So many of us want desperately to believe we are not alone. With so many crying wolf, when the real thing shows up it'll probably be ignored by most of us.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 01:23:40 pm »
So many of us want desperately to believe we are not alone. With so many crying wolf, when the real thing shows up it'll probably be ignored by most of us.

Sadly true.

I'll tell you about my Fiik (which stands for Effed if I know). Coming back from a successful extract, not even pushing the old girl hard, so maybe 200 mph, tops. Flying at about 2000 meters. This light suddenly shot past us, tail to stem at about 3 times our speed, then stopped dead about a kilometer in front of us. It waited for a few seconds, then went straight up like a homesick meteor just as my tac guy hit the arming switches to bring the pods on line.

Seriously no idea what the hell it was. Nothing on radar, it was just there. Scared the bloody crap out of us. It was definitely physical - we rocked when it went past, so it wasn't just some trick of the light.

Most pilots have the odd story like that. There is enough odd shit around without some kid faking videos.