Author Topic: Rep. Brooks: Whites the only group that can be ‘lawfully discriminated’ against  (Read 633 times)

rangerrebew

August 05, 2014, 04:01 pm
Rep. Brooks: Whites the only group that can be ‘lawfully discriminated’ against

By Rebecca Shabad

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) on Tuesday defended his claim that Democrats are waging a “war on whites,” saying that people could “lawfully discriminate” against the group under current federal law.

“It is repugnant for Democrats time after time after time to resort to cries of racism to divide Americans and drive up voter turn out,” Brooks said in an interview with USA Today. “That is exactly what they are doing in order to drive up their vote and they are doing it when there is no racial discrimination involved.

“If you look at current federal law, there is only one skin color that you can lawfully discriminate against. That’s Caucasians — whites,” he added.

Brooks said he stands by his statement Monday in which he accused Democrats of launching a “war on whites.”
“I want Democrats held accountable ... if Americans want a political party that regularly stokes unfounded racial fears, well then vote Democrat,” he told USA Today.

In an interview Monday on conservative radio host Laura Ingraham’s show, Brooks said Democrats are using the current immigration debate to attack white constituents.

“This is a part of the war on whites that’s being launched by the Democratic Party. And the way in which they’re launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else,” he said during the interview.

"It's a part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008, continued in 2012, where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare, all those kinds of things,” he continued. “Well that’s not true.”

Brooks also said in a recent interview, which surfaced Tuesday, that young children who came to the United States illegally shouldn’t be able to enlist in the U.S. military because they would have access to weapons of mass destruction. 

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/214376-brooks-us-law-says-only-whites-can-be-lawfully-discriminated#ixzz39dux4wfl
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Rep. Brooks: Whites the only group that can be ‘lawfully discriminated’ against ]]

Now folks, let me ask you...
Who sez there isn't a "war on whites" ??????

This guy's remarks would be laughable, except for the fact that (from the perspective of the left and from the media that supports that left).... he's right.

And right now, another guy running the Justice Department probably thinks pretty much the same way, as well !!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:14:34 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
[[ Rep. Brooks: Whites the only group that can be ‘lawfully discriminated’ against ]]

This guy's remarks would be laughable, except for the fact that (from the perspective of the left and from the media that supports that left).... he's right.

And right now, another guy running the Justice Department probably thinks pretty much the same way, as well !!

He's exactly right, and in many cases it is whites who are doing the waging.  American Jews are a good example when considered as a voting block.  Ditto for your average white guilt "Occupy" participant or 30 something who is living in Mom's basement.

:smokin:

Oceander

he needs to be careful with this line of attack tho'.  push too hard and he's going to turn off the fence-sitters and "moderates".

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Everybody except the right fringe.

There is no war on whites.  White people own and run all most everything.  Tell your sob story to a minority kid growing up next door to the whorehouse and the crack den.  Tell them how unfair life is for whites.  Everybody has to live with some discrimination because people like to be part of a group and they draw distinctions on many lines including race.  I think it is ridiculous to believe whites are disadvantaged victims.

And even if I thought there was something to Mo's argument I would not say it during an interview.  He comes off like a Holocaust denier who wants to argue that only 2 million Jews got gassed.

#1 Why does he care?
#2 He's still talking about 2 million dead
#3 He's just outted himself as a racist or a moron

This is the kind of intellectual argument best offered by Walter E. Williams not Mo from Alabamy.  Shut up Mo!