Author Topic: Israel Didn’t Expect This Miracle Just Seconds Before A Hamas Rocket Almost Killed Hundreds  (Read 773 times)

rangerrebew

Israel Didn’t Expect This Miracle Just Seconds Before A Hamas Rocket Almost Killed Hundreds

F. Peter Brown — August 5, 2014

Photo credit: a katz / Shutterstock.com   

An Israeli commander claimed that hundreds of Israeli lives were saved recently when “the hand of God” stopped a Hamas rocket.

The Israeli commander described the attack on a Hebrew-language website:

A missile was fired from Gaza. Iron Dome precisely calculated [its trajectory]. We know where these missiles are going to land down to a radius of 200 meters. This particular missile was going to hit either the Azrieli Towers, the Kirya (Israel’s equivalent of the Pentagon) or [a central Tel Aviv railway station]. Hundreds could have died.

We fired the first [interceptor]. It missed. Second [interceptor]. It missed. This is very rare. I was in shock. At this point we had just four seconds until the missile lands. We had already notified emergency services to converge on the target location and had warned of a mass-casualty incident.

Suddenly, Iron Dome (which calculates wind speeds, among other things) shows a major wind coming from the east, a strong wind that … sends the missile into the sea. We were all stunned. I stood up and shouted, ‘There is a God!’

One Hamas member was asked why they couldn’t aim their rockets better and actually hit an Israeli target. He responded: “We do aim them, but their God changes their path in mid-air.”

The first prime minister of Israel, David Ben Gurion, said this once: “In Israel, in order to be a realist, you must believe in miracles.”

There are in fact hundreds of stories of the 1967 and 1973 wars Israel engaged that told of God’s intervention.

One news source called Arutz Sheva said it well:

The Jewish nation’s existence for six millennia is a miracle. There is no single Jewish life without a miracle. Miracle is an essential part of our belief; it is a gem of Jewish folklore. It is a source of our hope in the dark, and it is a gift of our dreams. And we know why – because these miracles are true.

What do you think? Were hundreds of Israelis saved from the Hamas rocket by the hand of God?

Photo credit: a katz / Shutterstock.com

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/hand-god-save-hundreds-israeli-lives/#A8JrRk3u0M37Kr0e.99
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:57:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
God is an odd sort and with a very bad sense of humor.

When the British decided to burn down Washington DC (you really should have let us, it would have saved you a ton of hassle) the first ever tornado recorded there popped up and put out the fires.

Miracles happen all the damned time. My brains are still inside my skull because I bent over to pick up a china head out of the dirt at exactly the right second to dodge a bullet.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink