Author Topic: McDaniel Campaign Wants Cochran Spokesman’s Vote Thrown Out  (Read 451 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

McDaniel Campaign Wants Cochran Spokesman’s Vote Thrown Out
« on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:49 am »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/05/mcdaniel-campaign-wants-cochran-spokesmans-vote-thrown-out/

As he challenges the results of Mississippi’s Republican Senate run-off, Chris McDaniel is arguing that election officials should reject the vote of Sen. Thad Cochran’s press secretary.

McDaniel’s 243-page formal challenge of Cochran’s victory in June 24′s Republican Senate primary, released Monday, lists the names of thousands whose votes should be thrown out. Cochran aide Jordan Russell is included in the list of improper votes.

Specifically, it requests that Russell’s vote be invalidated because there was “no reason given for voting absentee.”

Russell is Cochran’s top spokesman and is routinely quoted in the press.

In a phone interview with The Daily Caller, Russell said: “This whole thing would be amusing if it wasn’t a serious Senate election, but the level of absurdity here seems to reach new heights every day.”

“I voted absentee in Lafayette County, where I’m registered to vote, the same day Sen. Cochran did,” Russell said. “The Saturday before the election.”

“The circuit clerk asked me why I wasn’t going to be in the county on election day and I said because I’m going to be with him,” Russell said of Cochran. “They gave me my ballot. And I filled it out.”

On Monday, McDaniel and his attorneys held a press conference arguing that there were at least 15,000 questionable votes cast in the election.

McDaniel’s lead attorney Mitch Tyner said the campaign has found evidence of 3,500 crossover votes — Democrats who were ineligible to vote in the Republican run-off because they had previously voted in the Democratic primary.

Tyner also claimed to have found another 9,500 irregular votes and 2,275 absentee votes improperly cast in the run-off. Cochran won 7,667 more votes than McDaniel in the run-off.

:dancer: Once-Ler says
In case anyone is still ignorant of the law in MS, precisely zero of the 3,500 crossover votes were illegal.

http://law.justia.com/codes/mississippi/2013/title-97/chapter-13/section-97-13-35/

2013 Mississippi Code
Title 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 13 - ELECTION CRIMES
§ 97-13-35 - Voting; by unqualified person, or at more than one place, or for both parties in same primary

Universal Citation: MS Code § 97-13-35 (2013)

Any person who shall vote at any election, not being legally qualified, or who shall vote in more than one county, or at more than one place in any county or in any city, town, or village entitled to separate representation, or who shall vote out of the district of his legal domicile, or who shall vote or attempt to vote in the primary election of one party when he shall have voted on the same date in the primary election of another party, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, on conviction, shall be fined not exceeding two hundred dollars, or be imprisoned in the county jail not more than six months, or both.

It is legal for some one to vote for the rat primary and the GOP runoff.

The rest of McDaniel's argument is irregularities like misspellings and omissions like no zipcode.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: McDaniel Campaign Wants Cochran Spokesman’s Vote Thrown Out
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:12:32 am »
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/05/tea_party_nuts_absurd_quest_void_a_whole_county_and_declare_me_the_winner/

The campaign argues that various counties that went heavily for Cochran didn’t follow proper election protocol, which opened the door for fraudulent practices. In other words, a hell of a lot of black people voted for Thad Cochran, giving Cochran more votes than Chris McDaniel, which means that this Republican primary was some bullshit. Science says so: “Based on a scientific, reliable methodology, a comparative analysis of county-by-county increases indicates that Cochran’s vote increases were correlated to the percentage of blacks that live in each county,” the complaint reads. (You’ve got to love the contrast in styles here: Based on advanced mathematical formulae, it was the blacks done did it.) “A regression analysis of county vote results from both the June 3 and June 24 elections with the percentage of blacks and non-blacks who make up each county’s population show that, without the predominantly Democrat voter participation in the Republican runoff, Cochran would have lost the runoff election by about 25,000 votes.” Indeed, if fewer people had voted for Thad Cochran, Chris McDaniel would have pulled it off.

much more of this very funny article at link

Offline kevindavis007

Re: McDaniel Campaign Wants Cochran Spokesman’s Vote Thrown Out
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »
Is it me or is McDaniel is being like Al Gore?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/