Author Topic:  (Read 1410 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:35 AM »

Support the USO

Offline olde north church

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:14 AM »
I'm going to start a Tea Party spam list.  Thar's gold in that thar Tea!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
Incumbents.  You gotta love 'em, dontcha? 

They really have nothing to run on - they've sold Americans down the river, spent us into bankruptcy, made us a laughing stock on the world stage, armed and trained drug cartels and jihadists, "helplessly" watched as Obamacare was shoved down the American Taxpayer's throats, did everything they could to sneak amnesty in to buy votes, ......

As I was saying, they have nothing to run on except that they are incumbents!  They have mastered the big thug machine to an art - although they reserve it's use only to uppity upstarts that DARE to run against them in primaries.   :nometalk:  No wonder the IRS has been allowed to bully and punish "upstarts" - it helps the GOPe too. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:48:38 AM »
Incumbents.  You gotta love 'em, dontcha? 

They really have nothing to run on - they've sold Americans down the river, spent us into bankruptcy, made us a laughing stock on the world stage, armed and trained drug cartels and jihadists, "helplessly" watched as Obamacare was shoved down the American Taxpayer's throats, did everything they could to sneak amnesty in to buy votes, ......

As I was saying, they have nothing to run on except that they are incumbents!  They have mastered the big thug machine to an art - although they reserve it's use only to uppity upstarts that DARE to run against them in primaries.   :nometalk:  No wonder the IRS has been allowed to bully and punish "upstarts" - it helps the GOPe too.

As currently constituted, the GOPe won't win in a dominating way. And they won't win the White House. Makes me think that is the plan.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »
:facepalm2:

Offline speekinout

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
Most of the Tea Party candidates have had serious flaws. Whoever selects these candidates is going to have to learn to use some kind of vetting process. At this point, there have been so many poor candidates touted by the Tea Party that even an excellent candidate would be tarnished by having that label attached to them.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »
Most of the Tea Party candidates have had serious flaws. Whoever selects these candidates is going to have to learn to use some kind of vetting process. At this point, there have been so many poor candidates touted by the Tea Party that even an excellent candidate would be tarnished by having that label attached to them.

Totally agree.

We are between a rock and a hard place. Because if you dismiss the Tea Party, you are left with a batch of spineless people with unclear goals as your opposition party.

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
As currently constituted, the GOPe won't win in a dominating way. And they won't win the White House. Makes me think that is the plan.
The GOPe will add 10-12 Senate seats in 2014 and we can't help but win the presidency in 2016...even if the primary voters pick the wackiest right fringer possible.  What is so glorious about this whole situation is the tea party is working overtime to prove they not only had nothing to do with the success of the GOPe, they tried there damnest to tank the GOPe and failed miserably.

Keep on digging that hole "true conservatives," while I count me some chickens.

1 dozen
2 dozen
3 dozen...
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline speekinout

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »
Totally agree.

We are between a rock and a hard place. Because if you dismiss the Tea Party, you are left with a batch of spineless people with unclear goals as your opposition party.

I think it's a matter of priorities. IMO, first and foremost, we get the GOP in power. Then we tell them loud and clear what we want them to do. That sequence has a high chance of succeeding. Leaving the dims in power has zero chance of succeeding. And nominating unelectable Tea Party candidates *is* leaving the dims in control.

BTW, I agree with much of what the Tea Party wants to do. I was an enthusiastic supporter in the beginning. But then we started seeing their candidate list, and that's where I have major disagreements. (And disappointments)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:05:07 PM »

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »
The GOPe will add 10-12 Senate seats in 2014 and we can't help but win the presidency in 2016...even if the primary voters pick the wackiest right fringer possible.  What is so glorious about this whole situation is the tea party is working overtime to prove they not only had nothing to do with the success of the GOPe, they tried there damnest to tank the GOPe and failed miserably.

Keep on digging that hole "true conservatives," while I count me some chickens.

1 dozen
2 dozen
3 dozen...

It's entertaining how you cast anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "true conservative". That is exactly how liberals cast anyone on the right as being knuckle dragging Fox News faithful.

No way the GOP adds 12 seats, and how you can say the GOP will win the White House without even knowing the candidates indicates that you aren't really a deep thinker.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »
P. Roberts (i)52.5%   395
M. Wolf   39.6%   298
D. Smith   4.7%   35
A. Zahnter   3.2%

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   53.1%   5,683
M. Wolf   36.9%   3,951
D. Smith   5.4%   577
A. Zahnter   4.6%   495

Precincts Reporting: 0.5%
    Updated: 8:39 PM ET
    Source: Associated Press

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   51.8%   13,404
M. Wolf   37.7%   9,750
D. Smith   6.1%   1,570
A. Zahnter   4.4%   1,142

Precincts Reporting: 0.7%
    Updated: 8:52 PM ET

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   51.6%   15,878
M. Wolf   37.4%   11,500
D. Smith   6.5%   1,989
A. Zahnter   4.5%   1,384

Precincts Reporting: 2.6%
    Updated: 9:09 PM ET

Support the USO

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
It's entertaining how you cast anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "true conservative". That is exactly how liberals cast anyone on the right as being knuckle dragging Fox News faithful.
I am so happy you are entertained. 

When you throw a stick at a pack of dogs, the one who yelps is the one you hit.  Reread my post.  I have cast nobody as a "true conservative."  You outed yourself. 

As far as the 12 senate seats I was wrong.  We will win 13 according to the chairman of the NRSC. 
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/21/lucky-13-in-2014-republican-campaign-chair-floats-historic-senate-gains
But what would he know compared to a "real conservative?"
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Relic

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »
I am so happy you are entertained. 

When you throw a stick at a pack of dogs, the one who yelps is the one you hit.  Reread my post.  I have cast nobody as a "true conservative."  You outed yourself. 

As far as the 12 senate seats I was wrong.  We will win 13 according to the chairman of the NRSC. 
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/21/lucky-13-in-2014-republican-campaign-chair-floats-historic-senate-gains
But what would he know compared to a "real conservative?"

Your entertainment value diminishes as you reveal your level of insight.
But, stay in your GOPe happy place. Maybe President Romney will call you?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   49.6%   36,329
M. Wolf   38.8%   28,409
D. Smith   6.4%   4,681
A. Zahnter   5.3%   3,869

Precincts Reporting: 19.8%
    Updated: 9:53 PM ET

Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »
jmyrlefuller wrote above:
[[ Mitch McConnell? Ha! He's one of Kentucky's most hated politicians, yet still doubled Matt Bevin's vote total. ]]

McConnell is in serious trouble in Kentucky and may become the one loss the party endures this November.

Would be quite interesting to see the Republicans retake the Senate, but lose their majority leader to a democrat in the process.

Actually, this might end up being a GOOD thing....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
Would be quite interesting to see the Republicans retake the Senate, but lose their majority leader to a democrat in the process.

I wouldn't mind that at all!

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   49.6%   50,812
M. Wolf   38.6%   39,548
D. Smith   6.3%   6,403
A. Zahnter   5.5%   5,587

Precincts Reporting: 28.5%
    Updated: 10:14 PM ET

looks like Roberts will win this...guess 47 years in the Senate doesn't bother voters..... :shrug:

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
jmyrlefuller wrote above:
[[ Mitch McConnell? Ha! He's one of Kentucky's most hated politicians, yet still doubled Matt Bevin's vote total. ]]

McConnell is in serious trouble in Kentucky and may become the one loss the party endures this November.

Actually, this might end up being a GOOD thing....

McConnell is not in trouble.  In every poll taken since May, he has gained on Grimes, and he's now ahead.  Grimes has lost ground in every single poll in the last three months.

McConnell will win handily.  Grimes is a pretty face with an empty head.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
P. Roberts (i)   49.1%   60,404
M. Wolf   39.2%   48,256
D. Smith   6.3%   7,708
A. Zahnter   5.4%   6,582

Precincts Reporting: 33.7%
    Updated: 10:26 PM ET

Support the USO