Author Topic: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients  (Read 1197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
:facepalm2:

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:26:25 AM »
From the "quelle surprise" files, I guess.
A doctor of my acquaintance says he'll practically have to work 'round the clock at his office to see enough patients to be where he was financially in the pre-Obamacare days - and he says patient care will suffer as he can't give them the time they need.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
Physicians would be wise to stop taking ALL insurance plans.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
Physicians would be wise to stop taking ALL insurance plans.

One of mine did just that.  He charges $40 for a 15 minute visit which is pretty much all that 90% of his patients, myself included, need.  I only seem him every six months.  We just go over the blood test results (I have to take cholesterol medication thanks to inheriting naturally high cholesterol) and the usual medical checks that doctors do.  Other patients who have much more extensive problems he sees for a longer period of time and more often.  They can also pay a monthly/yearly fee which allows unlimited office visits so for some that is actually cheaper.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:41 PM »
Article title:
[[ Doctors Begin To Refuse Obamacare Patients ]]

This won't do -- at least in the blue states.

Watch them pass state-level legislation banning discrimination by doctors against ObamaCare patients.

Or -- watch them pass legislation that makes a physician's license (or, his/her right to retain such license) dependent on the requirement that the doctor accept ObamaCare patients.

Absolutely, positively coming...

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:55:48 AM »
Article title:

Watch them pass state-level legislation banning discrimination by doctors against ObamaCare patients.

Or -- watch them pass legislation that makes a physician's license (or, his/her right to retain such license) dependent on the requirement that the doctor accept ObamaCare patients.

They can't prevent them from retiring though.  Especially to Costa Rica.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
Article title:

of course.  I think that flag was run up the pole in MA not too long ago.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 12:00:57 PM »
Article title:

Good thinking!!! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:01:33 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf