Author Topic: Video Issues  (Read 739 times)

Offline flowers

Video Issues
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »
What is up with those sites that the video starts to play the minute you get to that site? Washington Times and Breitbart does that for me now.  How to make it quit?  I used to not have issues with that, shut off my flash player.

I have Pale Moon and Ghostery. Any advice anyone?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Video Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:31 pm »
Flashplayer is your problem Flowers.  Once installed on your computer, it will reload all by itself whenever you open a site that uses it to host the spam and videos on their site.  Some sites have so many playing it will lock your computer up.

The only way to completely stop it is to remove FlashPlayer from your computer completely, but you will get all kinds of error messages if you do.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:33:00 pm by Chieftain »

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »
Flashplayer is your problem Flowers.  Once installed on your computer, it will reload all by itself whenever you open a site that uses it to host the spam and videos on their site.  Some sites have so many playing it will lock your computer up.

The only way to completely stop it is to remove FlashPlayer from your computer completely, but you will get all kinds of error messages if you do.
Then the fix is I just need to deal with it OK!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »
In general, the marketing on the Internet just keeps getting more and more annoying.