Author Topic: Michelle Obama: America Has Not Achieved 'Anywhere Near Full' Equality  (Read 226 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Michelle Obama: America Has Not Achieved 'Anywhere Near Full' Equality
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »

Oh darn, I suppose she's not proud of me anymore...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
It's never good enough as far as equality goes. Of course things aren't perfect, but they are, have been, and will continue to be going in the right direction. Look how far we've come in such a short amount of time. Barely a century ago women were not allowed to vote and were mocked/berated for trying to be independent and more than a house wife. Not even a century ago black people were seen as so inferior that they couldn't even drink from the same water fountains. Cultural changes are gradual, and we have come a very long way in an impressive amount of time. You can't expect everything to change over night.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:11:08 AM by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
Barely a century ago women were not allowed to vote and were mocked/berated for trying to be independent and more than a house wife.

Women are still being mocked and berated for wanting to be a homemaker, however consider that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf