Author Topic: Does John Brennan Know Too Much for Obama to Fire Him?  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Does John Brennan Know Too Much for Obama to Fire Him?
« on: August 04, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/does-john-brennan-know-too-much-to-be-fired-by-barack-obama/375431/

Does John Brennan Know Too Much for Obama to Fire Him?
It's difficult to cross man with details on every secret drone strike you've authorized—especially the legally dubious ones.
Conor Friedersdorf Aug 1 2014, 6:00 AM ET

When John Brennan assured the country that the CIA hadn't improperly monitored the Senate team that compiled a report on Bush-era torture, he fed us false information. That much is clear from Thursday's news that "the C.I.A. secretly monitored a congressional committee charged with supervising its activities." Either the CIA director was lying or he was unaware of grave missteps at the agency he leads. There are already calls for his resignation or firing from Senator Mark Udall, Trevor Timm, Dan Froomkin, and Andrew Sullivan, plus a New York Times editorial airing his ouster as a possibility.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Does John Brennan Know Too Much for Obama to Fire Him?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:52 pm »
I don't think it's that he knows to much it's just that he doesn't want to fire a fellow Muslim.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:43:12 pm »
I don't think it's that he knows to much it's just that he doesn't want to fire a fellow Muslim.

Not until the destruction is complete...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

I don't know. You know that some people keep detailed records - just in case.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:59 pm »

I do think he knows too much.  Who would you pick to gather intelligence if you wanted to overthrow the country.  The head of the CIA would be my choice.  I think he is the only one who has access to all the information and plans at this point and losing him would be catastrophic to Obama's plans.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:26 pm »
Birds of a feather, flock together.