Author Topic: Pfeiffer: Don't 'discount the possibility' of GOP moving to impeach Obama  (Read 176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Pfeiffer: Don't 'discount the possibility' of GOP moving to impeach Obama
8/3/14 10:33 AM EDT

White House Senior Adviser Dan Pfeiffer repeated his insistence on Sunday that “it’d be foolish to discount the possibility” that the Republican-led House would move to impeach President Barack Obama.

“In the House of Representatives, John Boehner may have the gavel, but Ted Cruz has the power,” Pfeiffer said on ABC’s “This Week.”

His comments came in response to questions from host George Stephanopoulos about whether Democrats, rather than Republicans, were fanning the flames of impeachment talk, in order to boost campaign fundraising.

Pfeiffer responded by pointing to House Republicans’ recent move to sue Obama, and to Boehner, the Republican House speaker from Ohio, insisting days before last year’s government shutdown that there was no way a shutdown would happen.

“I think it’d be foolish to discount the possibility” of a GOP push to impeach Obama, Pfeiffer said.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Online andy58-in-nh

How's the fundraising going, Dan?
Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because he’s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters — you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, he’s reselling the same product to people who’ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election.

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for want

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo