Author Topic: Coal Miners Union In Full Revolt After Supporting Obama In 2008  (Read 629 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Coal Miners Union In Full Revolt After Supporting Obama In 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:14:46 AM »
Why did the coal mining unions support him in 08..were they not listening to him campaigning on how he was going to destroy the industry?

Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:27:29 AM »
I'll repeat what I just posted on another thread.

What I have concluded in the 5 1/2 years of Obama's presidency: elections are too important to be left up to voters.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
Stupid is as stupid does.
51% of the voting population fell for it.
40% still do.

"A person is smart. The people are stupid, lazy and dangerous"
MiB
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:36:36 AM »
Unfortnately, their "daughters" belong to him.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
They are following the same path unions in Germany  did when they supported Hitler.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:27:56 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 04:59:35 PM »
Obama campaigned on a platform that he would wipe out the U.S coal industry.
The U.S. coal industry supported him.

Obama made a speech to Congress in which he said he will no longer recongnize Congress.
All the congressmen cheered with wild applause.

Obama wrote in a book that if it came down to it, he will always 'I will stand with the Muslims'. He wrote that. More than 60% of American Jews voted for a guy named Hussein, all the while arguing that he is not a Muslim. This would be like me being named Chiemy GoldbergHiemySteinjewburg, and then arguing that I am not Jewish.

We are currently living in an idiocracy. Everything in America these days is upsidedown and backwards. People in America are freakin crazy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »

The very picture of the modern "useful idiot."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »

Obama made a speech to Congress in which he said he will no longer recongnize Congress.

Obama wrote in a book that if it came down to it, he will always 'I will stand with the Muslims'. He wrote that. More than 60% of American Jews voted for a guy named Hussein, all the while arguing that he is not a Muslim. This would be like me being named Chiemy GoldbergHiemySteinjewburg, and then arguing that I am not Jewish.

We are currently living in an idiocracy. Everything in America these days is upsidedown and backwards. People in America are freakin crazy.

One of the most brilliant posts I've read in a long, long time. Kudos.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 02:28:54 PM »

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 02:40:35 PM »
Why did the coal mining unions support him in 08..were they not listening to him campaigning on how he was going to destroy the industry?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. The coal miners deserve every bit of what they're getting.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

good post.

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 03:55:07 PM »

Mike Judge made a prophetic film. Who would have guessed?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »
Not exactly. The UMW supported him. Coal mine owners did not. The unions may complain now, but I'll bet dollars to donuts they'll support the Democrat nominee in 2016, no matter what. They're idiots.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »

I think they just listened to union management, which has a much different agenda and is not particularly interested in actually doing something for the rank and file.  By supporting Democrats union management gets a lot more payola - think the theft of GM from its rightful owners - and they're perfectly willing to sacrifice their rank and file to their own personal profit.

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »
This post is so great that I reformatted it just a tad and posted it on Fb.

WHO AM I ????
I campaigned on a platform that I would wipe out the U.S coal industry.
The U.S. coal industry supported me.
I made a speech to Congress in which I said I will no longer recongnize Congress.
The congressmen cheered with wild applause.
I wrote in a book that if it comes down to it, "I will always stand with the Muslims" More than 60% of American Jews voted for me, all the while arguing that I am not a Muslim.
WHO AM I ???

Here's one of the answers I got"

"The Emperor in Star Wars.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
I think they just listened to union management, which has a much different agenda and is not particularly interested in actually doing something for the rank and file.  By supporting Democrats union management gets a lot more payola - think the theft of GM from its rightful owners - and they're perfectly willing to sacrifice their rank and file to their own personal profit.

You're wrong about that.  It isn't just the coal miners who are in open revolt against Democrats.  Union members across the board have had enough of their dues being spent on things that do not benefit them one whit, and they are increasingly letting management hear about it loud and clear.

Of course there are the holdouts.  Longshoremen are a good example out here.  They are unashamedly liberal and bullies besides. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf