Author Topic: Obama promises: 'I'll never stop trying to work with both parties' By Andrew Malcolm  (Read 697 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/080214-711577-obama-creating-jobs-is-my-top-priority.htm

Obama promises: 'I'll never stop trying to work with both parties'

By Andrew Malcolm

Posted 09:06 AM ET

President Obama's weekly remarks

Hi, everybody. My top priority as President is doing everything I can to create more jobs and more opportunities for hardworking families to get ahead.

On Friday, we learned that our economy created over 200,000 new jobs in July. That’s on top of about 300,000 new jobs in June. We’re now in a six-month streak with at least 200,000 new jobs each month. That hasn’t happened since 1997. All told, our businesses have created 9.9 million jobs over the past 53 months. That’s the longest streak of private-sector job creation in our history.

Because of you — because of your hard work and determination — America has recovered faster and come farther than almost any other advanced country on Earth. The economy is clearly getting stronger. Things are clearly getting better. And the decisions we make now can keep things moving in that direction.

That’s what’s at stake right now. Making sure our economy works for every working American. Making sure that people who work hard can get ahead. That’s why I’ve been pushing for common-sense ideas like rebuilding our infrastructure in a way that supports millions of good jobs and helps our businesses compete. Raising the minimum wage. Making it easier for working folks to pay off their student loans. That’s why I’ve been pushing for fair pay and paid leave.

These policies have two things in common. All of them would help working families feel more stable and secure. And all of them have been blocked or ignored by Republicans in Congress.

That’s why my administration keeps taking what actions we can on our own to help working families — because Congress is doing so little for working families. House Republicans actually got together this week and voted to sue me for taking actions on my own. And then they left town for the month without settling a bunch of unfinished business that matters to working families across America.

The bottom line is this — we’ve come a long way these past five and a half years. Our challenges are nowhere near as daunting as they were back then. But imagine how much farther along our economy would be — how much stronger our country would be — if Congress would do its job.

I’ll never stop trying to work with both parties to get things moving faster for the middle class. And I could use your help. If you see your Member of Congress around home this month, tell him or her what’s on your mind. Ask them why they haven’t passed bills to raise the minimum wage or help with student loans or enact fair pay for women.

And when they return from vacation next month, instead of trying to pass partisan bills on party lines, hopefully we can come together with the sense of common purpose that you expect. And in the meantime, I will never stop doing whatever I can, whenever I can, not only to make sure that our economy succeeds, but that people like you succeed. Thanks, and have a great weekend.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/080214-711576-greg-walden-republican-party-weekly-remarks.htm

GOP's Walden: Obama is 'disengaged when he should be leading'

By Andrew Malcolm

Posted 09:14 AM ET

Rep. Greg Walden gives the Republican Party's Weekly Remarks

No matter where you stand on the issues, this much is clear: Something has gone terribly wrong in Washington. And Americans have good reason to be fed up.

For nearly six years now, we’ve had an administration that trusts government more than you, that spends rather than saves, that believes change comes from desks in Washington and not kitchen counters like this one. (A video version of these remarks is available below.)

Republicans have sought to do things differently.

We’ve focused on solutions to rein in big government, and help grow our economy. The House has passed more than 40 jobs bills, but the president and his party refuse to give them a hearing.

Especially when we have an economy leaving people behind … a debt bigger than the size of our economy … a humanitarian crisis at our southern border … the IRS targeting Americans for their political beliefs … the rolling disaster that is ObamaCare…

And the president denies his failures instead of learning from them.

He’s disengaged when he should be leading. The president is so unwilling to challenge or even manage the big bureaucracies that our government cannot provide basic services to our veterans.

These are the problems he promised to solve, but instead he’s become a part of them.

We all hope things will get better — but in 94 days, we get to do more than just hope.

We have the chance to deliver the accountability that cannot come soon enough. It’s an opportunity — and an obligation — that we take seriously.

As representative of Oregon’s Second District, I hear from folks every day who are about at the end of their rope.

And as our campaign chairman, I can tell you our candidates for the House are people just as frustrated as you are; they are leaders who are ready to serve.

In Arizona, we have Martha McSally, a retired Air Force colonel and the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat; she’ll fight for women in Congress — just like she did in uniform.

In Texas, Will Hurd is a former CIA agent and successful businessman whose district is seeing first-hand the consequences of this president’s failure to secure the American border.

Up in Minnesota, Torrey Westrom is talking to Minnesota families and farmers about the anti-energy policies and taxes that are making it harder for them to get by.

And in Florida, there’s Carlos Curbelo, a son of Cuban exiles, a Miami-Dade County School Board member, and a fresh voice Washington sorely needs.

These are just some of our great candidates, and I invite you to visit nrcc.org to learn more about them. Because this is one of those moments when Americans can seize the initiative for ourselves.

Yes, this election will be about jobs. It will be about our economy. And it will absolutely be about ObamaCare.

But it will also be about holding Washington accountable.

This November, Americans can reject the complacency and the incompetence, and begin to restore a government that works for us and not against us.

We’re all in this together, and if we pull together, we can set on our nation on a hopeful, more prosperous course. With that, I thank you for listening. ####
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As soon as Barack Obama inhales....he's lying.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

But he'll never succeed either, since his version of 'working with both parties' is "So it shall be written, so it shall be done.".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
How does he say that with a straight face?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline PzLdr

How does he say that with a straight face?

He's a world class sociopath. It's easy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee