Author Topic: 'There will be anger, frustration and embarrassment, but that's no reason to keep the truth from America': Congressman calls for release of redacted 9/11 papers  (Read 1641 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711757/There-anger-frustration-embarrassment-s-no-reason-truth-America-Congressman-calls-release-redacted-9-11-papers.html

'There will be anger, frustration and embarrassment, but that's no reason to keep the truth from America': Congressman calls for release of redacted 9/11 papers

Rep Thomas Massie joins call for government to declassify pages of report
    He said the material made him 'try to rearrange my understanding of history'
    Congressmen Walter Jones and Stephen Lynch introduced House Resolution last year calling upon Obama administration to release pages

By James Rush

Published: 05:46 EST, 31 July 2014 | Updated: 12:14 EST, 31 July 2014

A U.S. congressman calling for the release of classified material from a report into 9/11 has warned there would be 'anger, frustration, and embarrassment' if the redacted pages were made public.

Representative Thomas Massie has joined a call for the government to declassify 28 pages redacted from the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001.

Earlier this year, the lawmaker described how he had to 'try to rearrange my understanding of history' after he read the classified pages of the joint investigation by the House and Senate intelligence committees.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, I'm already having anger, frustration and embarrassment over Obama being our president- so I'm really already there.  Bring it on!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

Glenn Beck was going on about this other day, but I heard only a few minutes and missed his interview with Rep. Massie. Apparently, release of this info won't do anything for Bush's legacy - or anyone else's.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Glenn Beck was going on about this other day, but I heard only a few minutes and missed his interview with Rep. Massie. Apparently, release of this info won't do anything for Bush's legacy - or anyone else's.  :shrug:

How could this possibly be harmful to Bush...he was only in office a few months when 9-11 happened?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

I can only imagine the startling stuff that is in the report.  On second thought, no I can't.  Some of it will be viewed through the lens of hindsight.  Some of it will be the result of ineptitude, lack of communication, and carelessness.  The debates will rage.  Some will think events were allowed to happen.

People still debate if Roosevelt knew of Pearl Harbor.  History is messy and complex.  But I have no doubt we will be in for many shocks.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Same here.  I heard Beck hinting around this earlier in the week, and I figured if there was anything to it someone else would have brought it up by now.  So here it is in the UK press...and I still have no frickin' clue what could be in this that would be so devastating....

Unless it is material that directly indicts actions taken or not taken by the Clinton Administration which directly preceeded the 9/11 attacks.  Let's not forget how the outgoing Clintonians trashed the White House on the way out...no telling what political landmines were planted that were intended for the Bush Administration and went off on 9/11. 

And didn't Sandy Burglar get caught with 28 pages of official something stuffed in his drawers...???

:pondering:

Online Lando Lincoln

How could this possibly be harmful to Bush...he was only in office a few months when 9-11 happened?

The churning media and politicos will certainly do their best to bend everything that way.  The upside is it could really put into perspective the measures Bush took after 9/11.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

I would rather they not release it until after the election.  This would just give the media something to talk about - instead of Obama & Co's dismal job performance.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I would rather they not release it until after the election.  This would just give the media something to talk about - instead of Obama & Co's dismal job performance.

My cynicism has been carefully cultivated since the age of ten.

I would much rather all supposed documents be released BEFORE either of the Bush presidents' demise, because frankly, both side have accused each other of editing documents, etc..  Hacking is done not only for obtaining information, but also, changing 'facts'.

Once GWB dies, history will be scrubbed and rewritten and nobody will be around to challenge them.

Like it or not, we're actually in the middle of the Second American Revolution. 

IMO, Fort Sumter was the criminal, dishonest passing of the Affordable Care Act.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

I want the papers to come out, and before either of the Bush's deaths or Clintons too.  I have been lied to so many times in my 58 years here on earth, by both sides.  The government has not one "smidgeon" of credibility with me at all.  I don't care who it looks bad on, I just want to hear some truth for once.

But still, I feel like it will be a distraction if released before the election.  Rep. Massie is my congressman, he is definitely a Tea Party type of guy, so it is interesting to me that he has chosen now to call for it's release. 

Online Lando Lincoln

The revelations are likely far more damning to Clinton than anyone else.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
From what I've read in other articles, these amount to nothingburgers for most folks except the CT crowd who will try to put together random dots. Most of the stuff is actually known. The senators calling for the release have said it is about flying out Saudi officials and some of OBL's extended family out of the country after the attacks (typical diplomatic stuff for the Saudi government officials and OBL was estranged from his family so there is probably nothing there). There also is some discussion of Saudi financing the AQ network but that has been known for a long time. That has always been a balancing act with OPEC nations since the 70s, keeping them from strangling our economy versus their funding religious fanatics.

Offline olde north church

From what I've read in other articles, these amount to nothingburgers for most folks except the CT crowd who will try to put together random dots. Most of the stuff is actually known. The senators calling for the release have said it is about flying out Saudi officials and some of OBL's extended family out of the country after the attacks (typical diplomatic stuff for the Saudi government officials and OBL was estranged from his family so there is probably nothing there). There also is some discussion of Saudi financing the AQ network but that has been known for a long time. That has always been a balancing act with OPEC nations since the 70s, keeping them from strangling our economy versus their funding religious fanatics.

Why has Prince Bandar fallen off the radar?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline ABX

Why has Prince Bandar fallen off the radar?

He retired earlier this year.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/16/prince-bandar-saudi-intelligence-syria

Although, what he did with Syria makes me wonder if he is a world chess player and may have made some very bad moves he would like to remain unknown.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

It almost seems like the POTUS isn't actually the head honcho.  :pondering:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I want the papers to come out, and before either of the Bush's deaths or Clintons too.  I have been lied to so many times in my 58 years here on earth, by both sides.  The government has not one "smidgeon" of credibility with me at all.  I don't care who it looks bad on, I just want to hear some truth for once.

But still, I feel like it will be a distraction if released before the election.  Rep. Massie is my congressman, he is definitely a Tea Party type of guy, so it is interesting to me that he has chosen now to call for it's release.

I think all of the hidden truths coming to light would cause the citizens of this nation to tear down the system to its foundations and rebuild it.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

I think all of the hidden truths coming to light would cause the citizens of this nation to tear down the system to its foundations and rebuild it.

Naaa, they would just tune in to the next season of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo thinking she can Dance with the Bachelor during Shark Week hunted by Duck Dynasty.

Offline Rivergirl

So now we know why the bubba revelation about his unwillingness to take out Obama has surfaced.

Offline alicewonders

So now we know why the bubba revelation about his unwillingness to take out Obama has surfaced.

It does call the timing of that into question. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Naaa, they would just tune in to the next season of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo thinking she can Dance with the Bachelor during Shark Week hunted by Duck Dynasty.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- G. B. Shaw

:smokin: