Author Topic: PELOSI LOSES IT! Angrily Confronts GOP Rep. Tom Marino On House Floor During Immigration Debate, Gets Schooled In The Process…  (Read 1447 times)

rangerrebew

PELOSI LOSES IT! Angrily Confronts GOP Rep. Tom Marino On House Floor During Immigration Debate, Gets Schooled In The Process…

Pelosi had a very public meltdown in the House after being confronted by an unfortunate fact by Congressman Marino: When she was Speaker, Democrats held super majorities in both the House and Senate along with the presidency and they did nothing about immigration (not that it’s a bad thing).

Via Fox News:

A heated debate over the southern border crisis late Friday led to a rancorous confrontation on the floor of the House between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa.

The dustup began when Marino accused Democrats of neglecting the immigration issue during their control of the White House and Congress in 2009 and 2010, saying that the party is now exploiting the issue for political gains.

“Under the leadership of their former leader, when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” Marino said. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it.”

Soon after he made the remarks, Pelosi, in full view of House cameras, walked across the chamber to the GOP side of the aisle — a rarity in the House — to challenge Marino.

It was not clear what Pelosi said, but Marino responded immediately.

“It’s true, madam leader, I did the research on it,” Marino said. “You might want to try it. You might want to try it, madam leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”

Reps. Ted Poe, R-Texas, Joe Barton, R-Texas, and Kay Granger, R-Texas, seated behind Marino, looked stunned at Pelosi’s actions. The presiding officer, Rep. Randy Hultgren, R-Ill., told Marino to direct his comments through the chair and not at a fellow member.

“Well, it works both ways,” says Marino.

After things seemed to calm down, Marino said, “apparently I hit the right nerve.”

Pelosi then walked briskly across the chamber, making a beeline for Marino and shaking her finger at the congressman.

Rep. Nita Lowey, D-N.Y., could be heard saying off-camera, “what is she doing?”

After he was done speaking, Pelosi then pursued Marino through the chamber, and House chamber security were seen walking through the chamber.

Marino had this to say after:
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/Screen-shot-2014-08-02-at-1.00.20-AM.png

http://weaselzippers.us/195164-pelosi-loses-it-angrily-confronts-gop-rep-tom-marino-on-house-floor-during-immigration-debate-gets-schooled-in-the-process/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:48:25 am by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nancy Pelosi is CRAZY. And I do not mean that in the colloquial 'crazy' way. What I mean is that she is clearly mentally deranged. Just listen to the crazy things she says every day. She is out of her mind.

Someone is going to have to remove her. She is as old as dirt and as crazy as a woodpecker, the same as Reid. They were both born in the 1800's and they are both simply too old and too irrational.

When is enough, enough. Are these guys going to hold office until they are 120 years old? When? When are they finally going to say, "I want to spend my final years with my family."

What is this obsession with politicians that makes them want to stay in office up to and until they actually keel over and die on a conference call? Give it up already, man. Go live your life. What the hell is wrong with you?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline evadR

They ARE spending time with their family. They are funneling funds directly to their families directly from the US treasury through one or more forms of chicanery.
The only way you'll get them out is to have them DO time.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/08/pelosi-chases-republican-tom-marino-across-house-chamber/

By John Parkinson

Chris Good

Aug 1, 2014 8:48pm

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.

“We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”

“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”

Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.

“Yes it is true,” Marino replied directly to Pelosi, who was House speaker in those years. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”

Marino then urged lawmakers to support the border supplemental “because apparently I hit the right nerve.”

After Marino concluded his remarks and as many Republicans applauded their colleague, Pelosi crossed the chamber again in view of cameras, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger at Marino.

She then followed Marino up a Republican aisle, gesturing and arguing with him. Lawmakers on the GOP side gathered in dismay as one spoke out to tell the chair that the House was not in order, in an effort to halt the bickering.

Pelosi finally relented after Republicans tried to get between Pelosi and Marino, and she returned to the Democratic side of the chamber. The House then promptly voted to approve the $694 million border supplemental, 223-189.

*UPDATE: According to Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George, “Leader Pelosi just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act – and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.”

George added that “Pelosi accepted the Congressman’s apology.”

But Marino’s chief of staff, Bill Tighe, stressed that Marino did not apologize to Pelosi, and will not apologize.

“[Rep. Marino] did not apologize to Leader Pelosi and does not intend to do so as he has nothing to apologize for.  She was entirely out of line in approaching him while he was recognized and delivering remarks on the Floor,” Tighe wrote in an email. “Her staff’s comment in your story about her accepting his apology in simply not true.”

Later, Marino took to Twitter to explain his side of the story.

Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight…

— Rep. Tom Marino (@RepTomMarino) August 2, 2014

…of course I'll be driving myself, with no staff or security. And I'm just a country lawyer who worked in a bakery until he was 30…

— Rep. Tom Marino (@RepTomMarino) August 2, 2014

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They ARE spending time with their family. They are funneling funds directly to their families directly from the US treasury through one or more forms of chicanery.
The only way you'll get them out is to have them DO time.

Yeah, I hear you. But Pelosi and Reid are showing very clear signs of actual dementia. I don't think they can last much longer. They are, sooner rather than later, going to say and do things that are just so far 'out there', no one will be able to deny that they are wackos, who need to be cared for.

I know that they are like that now. And I know that their controllers, handlers, and Leftist media are protecting them, but just as this article points out, eventually they will become so crazy that they will either hurt themselves or hurt somebody else. They are at this point now.

Like many on the Left, if Pelosi could have killed that guy, she would have. Only for the fact that she disagrees with what he said.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline evadR

Agreed.
Dingy Harry is clearly demented.
Nazi Pelosi is more in the category of bat shiiite ignorant AND stupid.

Either way, the net effect is the same.

Online Lando Lincoln

Pelosi (Reid and others) seem to only live in the moment with their immediate thought driven solely by ideology.  What happened yesterday is irrelevant and is readily distorted to fit today's meme, while tomorrow is only a concept.  My dogs are a lot like that - only smarter.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
We need more Congress Critters to do exactly this...call out Pelousy on her gross lies and distortions and deliberately piss her off right there on the floor and let her go into one of those finger-shaking tantrums for the whole world to see.  She really is batshit crazy and like Debby Blabbermouth Shultz will say anything that comes bubbling up from that well of ignorance they both tote around in their ass.

Go get 'em.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pelosi (Reid and others) seem to only live in the moment with their immediate thought driven solely by ideology.  What happened yesterday is irrelevant and is readily distorted to fit today's meme, while tomorrow is only a concept.  My dogs are a lot like that - only smarter.

Yes, you are right. That is what sane people call being insane, It is pretty clear cut.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Another thing is that they know they are somewhat inoculated from negative stories in the MSM, so it gives them a stronger spine to say whatever the heck the want, in whatever tone they want.

What was a 'telling' word in the quote was that she called Rep. Marino..."insignificant".   No one ever accused Pelosi of not having a strong ego.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

The msm may be in their corner but in the real world everyone knows the truth. The economy is in terrible shape.  Our national security has been in jeopardy from day one, and now the illegals are infecting our citizens with deadly diseases.

Offline aligncare

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it ... "  –Nancy Pelosi

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The msm may be in their corner but in the real world everyone knows the truth. The economy is in terrible shape.  Our national security has been in jeopardy from day one, and now the illegals are infecting our citizens with deadly diseases.

Millions of people get their 'news' from Jon Stewart.  Until he, and Late Night television hosts start mocking and ridiculing this criminal administration, the "Real World" as you alluded to, is unknown to the general public.

And when a teary-eyed Barack comes on the night before election day to rally the great unwashed against the evil racist Republicans....it'll be too late.

We're in the middle of a war right now and we don't even seem to realize it.   

Maybe WE'RE the zombies!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Oceander

If the political affiliations had been reversed, and an "R" had attacked a "D" that way, can anyone imagine the uproar that would have taken place in the MSM and popular media?

Offline Carling

Pelosi didn't lose it.  This was deliberate by the Dems to try and provoke either a verbal or physical retaliation on a white male GOP rep.  She even called the guy insignificant twice, and he didn't take the bait.

So, this goes mostly unreported outside of the right-wing sites.  Had Rep. Marino said anything at all out of line to Pelosi, it would be all over the news.  Heck, even AFTER this incident, Pelosi's office was trying to bait Rep. Marino into a reaction.  It didn't work, so now the story goes away for the Dems, and therefore the MSM.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:50:52 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline evadR

Pelosi didn't lose it.  This was deliberate by the Dems to try and provoke either a verbal or physical retaliation on a white make GOP rep.  She even called the guy insignificant twice, and he didn't take the bait.

So, this goes mostly unreported outside of the right-wing sites.  Had Rep. Marino said anything at all out of line to Pelosi, it would be all over the news.  Heck, even AFTER this incident, Pelosi's office was trying to bait Rep. Marino into a reaction.  It didn't work, so now the story goes away for the Dems, and therefore the MSM.
Spot on observation.

Never accept the premise of anything from the MSM....NEVER!!!

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

What is this obsession with politicians that makes them want to stay in office up to and until they actually keel over and die on a conference call

I think it is the rush from the power they have.

Offline evadR

Quote from: 240B on August 02, 2014, 07:42:23 AM
What is this obsession with politicians that makes them want to stay in office up to and until they actually keel over and die on a conference call

I think it is the rush from the power they have.

Additionally, I think it's the deep down knowledge that they are incompetent, lazy and incapable of doing anything else.

Offline evadR

Quote from: evadR² on Today at 09:33:25 AM
Never accept the premise of anything from the MSM....NEVER!!!

:beer:

This is one thing that Donald Rumsfeld taught me that I will never forget.
He was the master.