Author Topic: Obama and Kerry behind one of most strategic mistakes in military history By Steven Emerson  (Read 566 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/08/01/barack-obama-and-john-kerry-carried-out-most-historic-strategic-blunder-in/

Obama and Kerry behind one of most strategic mistakes in military history
By Steven EmersonPublished August 01, 2014FoxNews.com

The obsession by the Obama-Kerry administration with imposing a cease-fire on the warring parties in the Hamas-Israel war will go down in history as one of the most strategic mistakes in military history.

Here is a fact the administration deliberately and maliciously ignored: In the history of modern warfare, no terrorist group has ever honored a cease-fire. Hamas has broken every cease-fire it ever said it would honor. Every single one.

Even the Israel-Hamas 2012 cease fire, brokered by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, was simply agreed to by Hamas to give it an opportunity to restock its military arsenal, pressure Israel to lift its restrictions on the import of cement and steel into Gaza – material that Clinton said would be used to build hospitals and schools, but in fact was used to build a network of underground tunnels into Israel and build a subterranean network of underground bunkers, weapons storage facilities and launching pads.

Hamas simply used the cease-fire to rebuild its military infrastructure and as predicted by Israeli military intelligence, would simply break the cease-fire when it felt ready to take on the Israelis once again.

And on Friday, Hamas did the exact same thing. It agreed, through its main financial backer Qatar (which is the world’s largest financial sponsor of terrorist groups including Hamas, Hizbollah, Al Qaeda and Al Nusra in Syria) and which the U.S. inexplicably anointed as its interlocutor to Hamas, that it would honor a 72-hour cease-fire initiated by the Obama-Kerry administration.

On Thursday night, Kerry proudly announced the cease-fire. But read the main sentence of his press conference.

“Then, as soon as the cease-fire is underway tomorrow morning – I talked to the Egyptian foreign minister tonight – Egypt will issue invitations to the parties to come to Cairo immediately in order to engage in serious and focused negotiations with Egypt to address the underlying causes of this conflict.”

“Underlying causes?” What in God’s name is Kerry talking about? That would be the equivalent of announcing a cease-fire with Al Qaeda after it killed 3000 Americans on 9-11 on the grounds that it needed to “address the underlying causes” of Al Qaeda’s war against the United States and the West.

Here is a little secret for Mr. Kerry: The underlying causes of the current Israeli-Hamas war, initiated by Hamas with its launching of tens of thousands of missiles into Israel and its use of underground tunnels from Gaza to carry out murderous attacks against Israel civilians, is that Hamas, like Al Qaeda, is a nihilistic radical Islamic organization dedicated to the destruction of the Jewish state and the establishment of an Islamic caliphate.

The term “underlying causes” directly implies there are legitimate rational grievances by Hamas. Yes, the same “underlying causes” that motivated Adolph Hitler to carry out a worldwide war of conquest, including the Holocaust of six million Jews. Hamas is the embodiment of pure evil. And its motivation is the same as that of Al Qaeda and ISIS.

On Fox News, the former U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain, Adam Ereli, summed up the conflict in words that accurately described the “underlying causes” behind the war between Israel and Hamas:

“…[W]hat we’re seeing happen between Israel and Gaza is not a localized conflict, but is much, is part of a much bigger regional war. And that war has Iran, Hezbollah and the Muslim Brotherhood on one side and it has the forces of what I would call reason and moderation on the other side – being Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the countries of the Gulf. And United States has an interest in ensuring that the forces of reason and moderation prevail."

Mr. Ereli was right on point. But somehow this administration lost sight of its real strategic interests and instead embraced an agenda that has resulted in extensive damage to our national interests, which in turn has resulted in increasing the strategic threat to American national security.

This administration believes that Al Qaeda is bad but the Muslim Brotherhood, which is the parent of Hamas and Islamic Jihad as well as that of Al Qaeda, is a rational organization with “legitimate grievances” that can be negotiated with on the same basis that the U.S.can negotiate with Canada or Germany. That is why this administration has embraced the Muslim Brotherhood, starting with the first speech Mr. Obama gave in Cairo in February 2009, where the first two rows of “dignitaries” were 20 leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt hand-selected by the Obama administration.

Moreover, the Obama administration, according to an investigation carried out by my organization, the Investigative Project on Terrorism, lifted all visa restrictions on Muslim Brotherhood officials in their applications to visit the United States. In a report our organization will be releasing next week, more than 25 senior Muslim Brotherhood officials who had publicly called for jihad against the United States or the West, or had openly expressed their support for Hamas and Hezbollah, visited the United States in the past three years and met with senior U.S. officials. One of them, who served as vice president of a Muslim Brotherhood group that had called for the killing of Americans, actually met with President Obama in the White House.

So the “underlying causes” of the current war of annihilation carried out by Hamas against Israel is very simple: It believes that Israel needs to be destroyed paralleling the same agenda of Al Qaeda that believed the United States should be destroyed. We are talking about an organization that won’t be satisfied in the short term until every Jew in Israel is dead and in the long term until Western civilization is destroyed replaced by a worldwide Islamic caliphate.

Hamas on Friday succeeded in kidnapping an Israeli officer, after launching a suicide bombing against Israeli soldiers in a well-planned operation 90 minutes after the cease-fire had gone into effect.Immediately following the suicide bombing that killed several Israeli soldiers (still unreported), a group of up to 10 Hamas terrorists immediately descended upon the scene of the bombing where chaos reigned supreme, and kidnapped the Israeli officer in charge of the company stationed in Gaza.

Then Musa Abu Marzuk, a leader of Hamas in Cairo, who was invited to participate in the talks with the U.S. and UN officials on the cease fire, had the audacity to announce the kidnapping took place BEFORE the cease-fire went into effect. This was a manifestly demonstrable lie, as Israel would never have agreed to a cease-fire if it knew one of its soldiers had been kidnapped.

The Obama-Kerry administration’s obsession with imposing a cease-fire on Israel on the grounds that too many civilians were being killed in collateral damage (caused by the fact that Hamas used the Gaza population as human shields to protect its launching of missiles ensconced in hospitals, mosques, kindergartens and civilian apartment buildings) somehow convinced itself that Hamas was an organization with “legitimate” political grievances. Yes, the same type of radical Islamic group whose agenda parallels exactlythat of the same radical Islamic groups that has killed thousands of Americans and Europeans and whose wars of aggression has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Muslims and Christians in Syria and Iraq.

At this point the administration, if it truly wants to limit the damage to our own national security and reverse the strategic threat to the survival of Israel, needs to be honest with itself and acknowledge its historic mistake in its approach to the Muslim Brotherhood and its stepchild, Hamas. The Muslim Brotherhood is the godfather of all Sunni terrorist groups, from Al Qaeda to Hamas, a fact these groups openly admit.

This is a classic war of good versus evil. The only difference between the Muslim Brotherhood and its terrorist offspring is the deception perpetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood in portraying itself as opposed to violence and committed to political pluralism. Nothing could be further from the truth. All one needs to do is read the covenant of the Muslim Brotherhood in which it states its commitment to carry out jihad to dominate the world, read the contemporary incendiary statements of Muslim Brotherhood officials issued in Arabic and not in English, and observe the Muslim Brotherhood hatred and persecution of of Christians, secular women, non-believing Muslims, infidels and gays.

This administration’s current policy towards the Muslim Brotherhood extends from the legitimacy it has conferred on the Muslim Brotherhood organization overseas and its chief patron, Qatar, to the embrace of Muslim Brotherhood front groups in the United States. This administration has gone so far as to ban the mention of the term “radical Islam” and to claim that the word jihad means only peaceful struggle and not violent commitment to impose Islam, which is the genuine historic and religious definition of jihad.

Reversing these policies would not only help protect the long term strategic interests of the United States but would also protect and help in the growth of the community of genuine Muslim moderates who in the end are the only key to reversing the growing threat of radical Islam in the world today.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

History repeats itself. In the build-up to WWII, America didn't want to get involved in stopping the Holocaust. Jews, gays, non-favored ethnic groups, Christians, etc. were killed by the Nazis, but the US didn't want to get involved until Pearl Harbor. That was hard to ignore.
Now we have a situation where Muslim terrorists are trying to kill all the Jews and Christians as well (we're not seeing so much about the slaughter of Christians right now, but it's happening). The US doesn't want to get involved. The 0bama admin. will be surprised if there is a major event that changes our opinion, but there are a lot of us who won't be so shocked.

Tranquility is just the period before you get attacked.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Tranquility is just the period before you get attacked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvYRJci0RZ4

Mr. Golf .A Vacation is asleep at the wheel.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Speekinout wrote above:
[[ The 0bama admin. will be surprised if there is a major event that changes our opinion, but there are a lot of us who won't be so shocked.
Tranquility is just the period before you get attacked. ]]

The problem this time is that -- unlike in the days of Pearl Harbor -- the United States is no longer willing to fight, regardless of the amount of weaponry we may posses.

I sense that if islam was able to launch another attack against the USA, perhaps something "nuclear", that Obama would not exhort America to retaliate and vanquish the attackers.

But instead, I think that he would go before the American people to say that the time had come for America and The West to abandon any struggle with islam, and to consider islam as "the better way to walk" in the future...

In other words.... submission....

I'll take the tin foil hat off now.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
What happened here is Israel finally decided to let Kerry fall on his sword.  He has been an international pain in the ass in every way possible, and even though he has been 100% wrong on this for months, he has never ceased his whining that Israel wouldn't let him negotiate a peace on his watch.  I think Netanyahu finally decided to step aside, told Kerry he would agree to any peace treaty he cared to negotiate, and started his stopwatch.

It took Hamas 97 minutes to break the ceasefire and Israel about three hours of incoming rockets before they resumed their operations.

Kerry was allowed to shoot his load, it was a blank just like everyone knew it would be, so now John really does have no other choice than to go away, sit down and STFU.  I think even Kerry understands now that he is a complete failure as Secretary of State, and it is a matter of time before Obama throws him under the bus before the dumb bastard starts a nuclear war.  That too is coming.

As I said before, I simply cannot see how Kerry can continue as SecState, nor can I see how the media can possibly ignore how incompetent he really is. 

And Kerry's failure put Obama on the spot, so the Duffer in Chief will no doubt be out hitting the links to think about it all weekend.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:01:12 am by Chieftain »

Offline speekinout

Speekinout wrote above:
[[ The 0bama admin. will be surprised if there is a major event that changes our opinion, but there are a lot of us who won't be so shocked.
Tranquility is just the period before you get attacked. ]]

The problem this time is that -- unlike in the days of Pearl Harbor -- the United States is no longer willing to fight, regardless of the amount of weaponry we may posses.

I sense that if islam was able to launch another attack against the USA, perhaps something "nuclear", that Obama would not exhort America to retaliate and vanquish the attackers.

But instead, I think that he would go before the American people to say that the time had come for America and The West to abandon any struggle with islam, and to consider islam as "the better way to walk" in the future...

In other words.... submission....

I'll take the tin foil hat off now.

I don't think it's America that is unwilling to fight; I think it's just 0bama and his minions. What we're missing is a leader in position of power. There are probably people out there who could be leaders, but the power is all with the dims. And I don't think there's a leader in that crowd.
 :shrug:

Offline speekinout

Kerry was allowed to shoot his load, it was a blank just like everyone knew it would be, so now John really does have no other choice than to go away, sit down and STFU.  I think even Kerry understands now that he is a complete failure as Secretary of State, and it is a matter of time before Obama throws him under the bus before the dumb bastard starts a nuclear war.  That too is coming.

You give Kerry & 0bama too much credit. They're both big time failures. I'm not sure if they know it, but for sure they think we don't.