Author Topic: Hill Source: Sessions 'Very Encouraged' by House Immigration Bill Changes  (Read 852 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/01/Jeff-Sessions-To-Back-New-House-Immigration-Bill?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

by Matthew Boyle 1 Aug 2014, 1:04 PM PDT

"Senate Budget Committee ranking member Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) isn't saying either way whether he's backing the new House immigration bill, but a hill source tells Breitbart News that he's "very encouraged" by what's happened thus far on Friday.

“Senator Sessions is very encouraged by the significant developments in the House,” a congressional source told Breitbart News.

Over the past week plus, Sessions has been a major player in the goings-on of this immigration war. When Rep. Kay Granger (R-TX) introduced the House GOP leadership recommendations on behalf of the working group Speaker John Boehner set up, Sessions called the plan’s failure to mention President Obama at all—never mind his executive amnesty plans—an “institutional surrender” to Obama’s “planned illegality.”

A day or so later, Sessions issued a clarion call to the American people to melt the phone lines in Congress to stop the GOP leadership plan—which the people followed through on throughout this week.

When the leadership officially introduced its plan and the bill earlier this week, Sessions issued another statement again calling what Boehner was doing a “surrender.” As phone lines continued burning and the leadership moved forward with its plans to hold a vote—with particular bragging coming from incoming Majority Whip Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)—the House GOP leadership introduced into its plan some weakened anti-Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) language. Still unsatisfied, Sessions met with House members on Thursday ahead of leadership pulling its bill and then a conservative plan emerged.

On Friday, after working with conservatives like Rep. Steve King (R-IA), House GOP leadership introduced a plan that mirrored what Sessions had pushed so hard for for the last week plus.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sessions has truly stood tall in recent days, saying what no other Republican Senators seemed willing to say...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I doubt he'll be very encouraged with the compromise bill.  Could this be the framework for a comprehensive amnesty bill?  I'm not sure why conservatives let a bill get out period, but I like what I'm seeing.

http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/2014/08/house-just-pass-bill-will-lead-trojan-horse-amnesty-bill-warned-last-year/#

People I believe we have just been had by the House. The Trojan Horse amnesty bill we were warned about last year may have just been passed August 1, 2014 because no one in DC has a brain cell left in their skulls…. Remember Congress has a nasty record of rushing bills at night because everyone is in a hurry to go home for vacation!

Last year Rep Bachmann was on Glenn Beck, with Reps Steve King and Louie Gohmert, where she was absolutely clear NO immigration bill of any kind could be passed in the House because it would go to Senate and they would take it Conference Committee with the immigration bill they passed last year. She was adamant this would lead to a Trojan Horse amnesty bill …

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjcYaF16G4s

“…I’m telling you what we have to do is not pass any immigration bill out of the House because that’s a Trojan Horse to put a bad bill in and bring it back to us…”

Well the House just passed what I would call “any immigration bill” via this border supplemental bill 8/1/14 that Harry Reid was pretty clear on July 29th could go to Conference with the Senates immigration bill!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTqMCTNcfc

We really need clarification on the bill they passed in a mad rush so they could go home for their 5 week vacation to avert obama having to “act alone” with his magic pen!
:grouphug:  Thanx conservatives and thank you Speaker Cruz.

For those keeping score at home, should rat Leader Reid and John the Speaker agree on a conference committee those Establishment leaders will appoint the negotiators.  And I would not be surprised to see Sen Cruz appointed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:10:11 am by Once-Ler »