Author Topic: Obama says after 9-11, US 'tortured some folks'  (Read 857 times)

Offline flowers

Obama says after 9-11, US 'tortured some folks'
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:09 pm »
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-9-11-us-tortured-folks-193712555--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, the United States did things that were wrong and crossed the line. He says, quote, "we tortured some folks."

Obama is commenting on a Senate investigation into the CIA's interrogation techniques. A report on that investigation's results is expected to be released in the coming weeks.

Obama says it's important to remember how horrified Americans were after 9/11. But he says it's important to remember the U.S. must live up to its values.

Obama also says he has full confidence in CIA Director John Brennan. The CIA director has apologized to senators after the CIA's inspector general found agency employees improperly searched the computers of Senate staffers conducting the investigation into post-9/11 interrogation and detention practices.

Offline flowers

Re: Obama says after 9-11, US 'tortured some folks'
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
I knew it, the only reason Brennan apologized, to be able to bring this up. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:01:59 pm »
I knew it, the only reason Brennan apologized, to be able to bring this up.

Oh come on!  It was an "accident."  Obama said so. :3:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »
Oh come on!  It was an "accident."  Obama said so. :3:
He really didn't say it was a accident...................did he?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »
US 'tortured some folks'

Who gives a sh*t!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 11:02:22 pm »
Obama is really a moron. My God.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:32 pm »
Red is positive, black is negative and make sure his balls are wet.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:07:26 pm »
Friday January 20, 2017  can't come quick enough.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »
Friday January 20, 2017  can't come quick enough.

Isn't that truth. Everytime I hear Obama lecture about "our values", I always wonder if he talking about him and Moochelle. I know he is not talking about us. How can you spend your life talking about what an evil, unjust, nation America is, and then lecture Americans on American values. This is opposite logic. According to Obama, America is evil and has no good moral values. So which one is it?

This is the same thing as having a Mexican La Raza spokesman lecturing America on what America is. Every time I hear a Mexican on some interview actually shouting, "Dis is not American value!", "Dis is not what America is all about!" it makes me throw my show at the TV.

The last thing I want to hear is some illegal Mexican lecturing ME about "what America is". There is nothing more insulting. The same with Obama. How the hell would they know what 'American values' are?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 12:06:20 am »
only "some"?  Reminds me of a little hypothetical my crim law prof. used to like using with fresh-faced 1Ls - designed to test supposedly rock-solid principles - in brief:

you're the police chief in NYC.  You get rock solid information that an Irish terrorist has hidden a nuclear bomb in NYC that is set to go off in 24 hours.  You also have the terrorist in custody:  a 30 y.o. woman with a young child.  What you don't have is the location of the bomb.  To cut to the chase:  do you "torture" the terrorist to get her to tell you where the bomb is hidden?

My prof's bottom line:  of course you do.

In other words, the techniques used are proportional to the threat involved.  Considering the situation after 9-11, the surprise would be if the US went milquetoast and didn't "torture" anyone at all.