Author Topic: White House blasts Hamas attack breaking cease-fire as ‘barbaric’  (Read 1275 times)

rangerrebew

White House blasts Hamas attack breaking cease-fire as ‘barbaric’

By Rebecca Shabad - 08/01/14 10:21 AM EDT

The White House on Friday blasted Hamas for violating a 72-hour cease-fire agreement, calling the abduction of an Israeli soldier “barbaric.”

White House spokesman Josh Earnest acknowledged reports that Hamas had used the cease-fire as cover to carry out an attack on Israeli soldiers.

“That would be a rather barbaric violation of the cease-fire agreement,” Earnest said on CNN’s “New Day.” “Hamas is entirely responsible for upholding their end of the bargain, and it’s apparent that they did not do that."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s spokesman, Mark Regev, told multiple U.S. news outlets this morning that Hamas carried out the attack at 9:30 a.m. local time — an hour and a half after the cease-fire took effect.

Israel’s Defense Forces said on Twitter that 2nd Lt. Hadar Goldin, 23, “is the soldier suspected to be kidnapped by Hamas earlier today.” Multiple reports said he is a British-Israeli citizen.
The soldier “should be returned unharmed and immediately,” Earnest said.

Secretary of State John Kerry spoke with Netanyahu about the situation Friday morning after reports that the cease-fire was broken, Earnest said.

Asked about U.S. criticism that Israel is not doing enough to protect Palestinian civilians, Earnest said the administration would support Israel’s right to respond to the attack by Hamas.

“We certainly have steadfastly defended Israel’s right to defend themselves and we defend Israel’s right to respond to this barbaric violation of the cease-fire agreement,” he said, adding that Israel should still live up to its own high standards.

Earnest criticized Israel on Thursday for the shelling of a United Nations-run school in Gaza that killed about 20 people a day earlier.

He also dismissed suggestions that the U.S. had failed to properly communicate the terms of the cease-fire, which Kerry and the United Nations announced Thursday evening.

Their joint statement said forces would remain in place on the ground. Kerry later said in a statement that Israel could continue its defensive operations behind its lines for Hamas-built tunnels that lead into Israel.   

“The devil is always in the details in these kinds of agreements. Everybody understands that you have to look very carefully at the details at which you are agreeing,” Earnest said. “All sides were transparent about what the agreement was.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/international/214049-wh-hamas-violation-of-cease-fire-rather-barbaric#ixzz399fmMCdv
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Offline GourmetDan

Re: White House blasts Hamas attack breaking cease-fire as ‘barbaric’
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »

Proof that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »
Muslims have always had a history of declaring a ceasefire, truce, or even a full treaty, and then immediately attacking to catch the enemy off guard. They consider this to be legitimate warfare practice, along with many other practices that not many other nations would use, such as executing prisoners, abduction, mass rape, human shields, booby-trapping their own children, and very many others.

Can't forget the time a 14 year old Arab girl was waiting to enter Israel from Gaza. This was before the war. As she neared the gate, she urinated herself and started crying. The soldier knew immediately what this meant.

The Israelies sent the bomb squad out to disarm her suicide vest and then took her into Israel to live. They knew that if the sent her back she would either be killed, or she be reloaded by Hamas and sent either back again or she would be sent to a different gate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »
Yikes i had to check and make sure this wasn't satire.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:03:26 pm »
Yikes i had to check and make sure this wasn't satire.
I just figured it out.......................WH is just pissed that hamas did this to ruin kerrys cease fire. Whew for a minute there I was really confused thinking the WH really cared about Israel.  :smokin:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
I just figured it out.......................WH is just pissed that hamas did this to ruin kerrys cease fire. Whew for a minute there I was really confused thinking the WH really cared about Israel.  :smokin:

Nailed it. They are not upset about Israel, what they are upset about is that Hamas keeps playing them for the fools that they are, by agreeing to all these ceasefires, and then immediately attacking Israel.

Hamas is playing both Obama and Kerry as useful idiots, and they are finally catching on.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 06:21:08 pm »

Hamas is playing both Obama and Kerry as useful idiots, and they are finally catching on.

Or the White Hut is concerned that the rest of the world might 'catch on'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
T A Q I Y Y A