Author Topic:  (Read 725 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:15:42 AM »
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:16:37 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »
I don't agree with Ginsberg on this - but I do agree that there are times when male genitals interrupt the blood flow to the brain.   :nometalk:

That's ok little woman. We know you're all emotional, and can't reason like us men. (That's the other side of this sexism.) If one is fair, so is the other.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:51 PM »
Justice is blind, right? 

It is about the law, Justice Ginsburg.  Not genitalia, income, skin color, ethnicity, religion, etc.  The law. 

Sigh...
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »
Justice is blind, right? 

It is about the law, Justice Ginsburg.  Not genitalia, income, skin color, ethnicity, religion, etc.  The law. 

Sigh...

Not in the Idiocracy that America has devolved into.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 12:29:36 PM »
That's ok little woman. We know you're all emotional, and can't reason like us men. (That's the other side of this sexism.) If one is fair, so is the other.

Touche' Relic!     :th_10444:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:27 PM »

Well done.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »
Apparently her genitals keep her from ruling based on the Constitution.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »
Thinking about genitals and the law somehow doesn't compute with me. Maybe I am to logical. I have yet to have my genitals tell me a thing about birth control or how I should or should not pay for it. Maybe it is because my tubes were tied years ago so they have stopped talking to me since they know I am sterile. I sure hope Ruth Bader Ginsberg didn't have offspring never have looked her up never been that interested in anything she had to say so I have no idea if her stupid genes were passed on to any other human.

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »
Ginsburg didn't write her dissenting opinion.  A clerk did.  Ruth probably is kept mostly at her home, they drag her out to sit during court season, and the decision is already written prior to arguments.

I really do believe that she thinks Hobby Lobby is about banning women from having abortions, or even contraceptives. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
Ginsburg didn't write her dissenting opinion.  A clerk did.  Ruth probably is kept mostly at her home, they drag her out to sit during court season, and the decision is already written prior to arguments.

I really do believe that she thinks Hobby Lobby is about banning women from having abortions, or even contraceptives. 

Justices do not let opinions go out under their name without having fully read the opinion, critiqued it, and understood what it was about.

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
Justices do not let opinions go out under their name without having fully read the opinion, critiqued it, and understood what it was about.

All justices? Even frail, justices who don't have to prove competence in spite of advanced age?

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »
All justices? Even frail, justices who don't have to prove competence in spite of advanced age?

I'll wager whatever you want to that she stays on top of what her clerks write.

Ask Stephen Hawking what the frail can still do.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:37:49 PM by Oceander »

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »
I'll wager whatever you want to that she stays on top of what her clerks write.

Ask Stephen Hawking what the frail can still do.

A bold wager, given neither of us can know for sure.

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 03:21:36 AM »

HAHA!!!

Do you actually believe this nonsense?  I can tell you firsthand that some opinions in Federal District Courts never see the eyes of the judge. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:22:51 AM by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 07:48:27 AM »
She has a vagina.  Proof in and of itself there isn't much thinking mechanism in her noggin.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 03:45:34 PM »
Drs. have found she has a brain aneurism.  It was found during a routine colonoscopy.  :silly:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
I just hope she holds on for awhile.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf