Author Topic: DANNY EVANS’S CELEBRITY MAKE-UNDER (PHOTOS)  (Read 645 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DANNY EVANS’S CELEBRITY MAKE-UNDER (PHOTOS)
« on: August 01, 2014, 01:25:47 am »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2014/07/24/danny-evans-s-celebrity-make-under-photos.html#f46146a0-58af-4005-9a38-6a8699535516

by Justin Jones
These days, Photoshop is almost synonymous with celebrities. Nearly every magazine and advertisement sharpen, brighten, smooth and slim the figures that grace the glossy covers and mega-sized billboards. The problem has gotten so bad that there’s even a bill before Congress to stem the flow of fake photos. But what happens when you do the opposite?  In 2006, at a time when Paris Hilton was the pinnacle of pop culture, LA-based artist Danny Evans “was getting frustrated with seeing all of these over-Photoshopped images of celebrities,” he told The Daily Beast. So he decided to use the industry’s own “beautification” tool to create a new spin on the critique. Instead of tiny waists and perfectly even skin tones, he gave his famous subjects a complete make-under, transforming their bodies into a more “normal” standard—ones without the advantages of Hollywood’s glitz, glamour, and wealth. No personal trainers. No $2k-a-day beauty regimens. Just good ol’ home-grown American splendor.

Here, a more homely Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: DANNY EVANS’S CELEBRITY MAKE-UNDER (PHOTOS)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 01:46:24 am »
I nominate Kanye West for having the face I would most like to punch as hard as I could until I couldn't punch it any more.

:smokin:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:51:23 am »
Those are great!  I especially liked the Miley Cyrus pic, if her dad wasn't rich and famous - that's exactly what she would look like.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 03:39:39 pm »
I nominate Kanye West for having the face I would most like to punch as hard as I could until I couldn't punch it any more.

:smokin:

Hey - there's a queue!  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink