Author Topic: Ed Schultz: Work Permits for Illegals Would Be 'Death' for Dems  (Read 938 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Ed-Schultz-work-illegal-death/2014/07/30/id/585941/

Ed Schultz: Work Permits for Illegals Would Be 'Death' for Dems

Wednesday, 30 Jul 2014 11:05 PM

By Cathy Burke

Liberal MSNBC host Ed Schultz warns that it will be "an electoral death knell for the Democrats" if President Barack Obama uses his executive authority to give work permits to millions of illegal immigrants.

"Hold the phone — this would be a mistake if the president were to do this," Schultz told his "Ed Show" audience Tuesday.

"Politically, there is no way Democrats can go home and campaign on across-the-board amnesty for millions of undocumented workers . . . it could be an electoral death knell for the Democrats," he said.

Obama is said to be developing plans to use executive action to let millions of undocumented immigrants obtain work permits that would allow them stay in the U.S. legally – and White House officials have told allies in Congress to expect an announcement just before the midterm congressional elections.

But two Democrats facing tough re-election battles aren't rallying behind the idea.

"I don't like government by executive order," Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor told The Hill. "I just don't, generally, so I'd have to look and see specifically what he's proposing and what he's talking about."

North Carolina Sen. Kay Hagen told The Hill she had reservations also.

"I think this is a congressional issue . . . I do support congressional action over executive action," she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ed Schultz: Work Permits for Illegals Would Be 'Death' for Dems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 01:56:01 am »
Just a thought here, don't mean nuthin'..... but....

How long until the burgeoning Hispanic demographic in America decides that it has had enough of BOTH the Republicans AND the democrats, and forms its own, identity-based Hispanic political party?

They will have the numbers by which to do it soon in California and New Mexico.

Kind of La Raza, gone national... ???

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Ed Schultz: Work Permits for Illegals Would Be 'Death' for Dems
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:03:52 am »
Just a thought here, don't mean nuthin'..... but....

How long until the burgeoning Hispanic demographic in America decides that it has had enough of BOTH the Republicans AND the democrats, and forms its own, identity-based Hispanic political party?

They will have the numbers by which to do it soon in California and New Mexico.

Kind of La Raza, gone national... ???

Google "Aztlan".....

:smokin: