Author Topic: Pelosi Hesitates To Criticize CIA: 'They Really Come After You'  (Read 330 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
WASHINGTON -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is being a bit more careful these days in her criticism of the Central Intelligence Agency, claiming the group has "come after" her over comments in the past.

After CIA Director John Brennan apologized to members of the Senate on Thursday, acknowledging that some CIA employees inappropriately hacked into Senate computers, Pelosi condemned the CIA's behavior in that instance. But she stopped short of criticizing the entire agency, citing fear of retaliation.

"In the past I have made my statements about the CIA, and they really come after you," she told a group of reporters, chuckling. "There's a price to pay."

The CIA admitted on Thursday that its employees had searched the computers of Senate staffers who were investigating the agency's secret prisons and Bush-era interrogation techniques. Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.), chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in March that the details of the CIA program her staff was investigating were “far different and far more harsh" than the public realized.

Pelosi said the CIA is not "out of control," but has seemed "arrogant" lately.

"I would just say that what they did in the case of the Senate was out of control, and [it's] appropriate that they apologized for it," she said. "But for this and other actions, it's necessary for us to have very strong Congressional oversight."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/31/pelosi-criticism-cia_n_5638889.html

I got one thing to say .....  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Pelosi Hesitates To Criticize CIA: 'They Really Come After You'
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 12:10:13 am »
Does this woman have one well-reasoned thought?  Ever?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
no

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:01:29 am »