Author Topic: Ginsburg expects to remain on Supreme Court 'for a while'  (Read 497 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ginsburg expects to remain on Supreme Court 'for a while'
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:09:50 am »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2014/07/ginsburg-expects-to-remain-on-supreme-court-for-a-193161.html?hp=l1

Ginsburg expects to remain on Supreme Court 'for a while'

By JOSH GERSTEIN |
7/30/14 6:58 PM EDT

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg signaled in an interview broadcast Wednesday that she has no plans to resign in the near future and may not do so while President Barack Obama is still in office.

"All I can say is that I am still here and likely to remain for a while," the 81-year-old justice told Yahoo's Katie Couric.

Ginsburg said she'd like to remain on the court at least as long as Justice Louis Brandeis, who she said retired at 83. (In fact, he was 82 when he stepped down.)

Asked what would prompt her to resign, Ginsburg said: "When I can't do the job full steam."

Couric's interview with the liberal stalwart and oldest member of the current court will be posted Thursday on Yahoo. Brief excerpts aired Wednesday on ABC's World News Tonight as part of a content-sharing deal between the TV network and the web portal.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:10:10 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Ginsburg expects to remain on Supreme Court 'for a while'
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:55:54 am »
So long as she stays there until a republican president can fill her seat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:00 am »
So long as she stays there until a republican president can fill her seat.

I always got the impression she is a liberal - in the old school sense. The Worm must horrify her.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:14:20 am »
EC wrote above:
[[ I always got the impression she is a liberal - in the old school sense. The Worm must horrify her. ]]

Ginsburg is a liberal, but she is also a Jew.

Regardless of how liberal she is (and that is VERY liberal, wasn't she very high up in the ACLU?), she is also smart enough to see Obama for who he is -- a muslim who hates Jews and Israel.

She does not want to give him the ability to appoint her successor. Not only will that successor NOT be Jewish, but might very well be the first muslim appointed to the Court.

She is trying to wait him out, even "to the death".

Prediction:
If Obama is impeached and removed, and Biden rises to the presidency, watch Ginsburg resign soon afterwards, probably "for reasons of health"...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:29 am »
EC wrote above:
[[ I always got the impression she is a liberal - in the old school sense. The Worm must horrify her. ]]

Ginsburg is a liberal, but she is also a Jew.

Regardless of how liberal she is (and that is VERY liberal, wasn't she very high up in the ACLU?), she is also smart enough to see Obama for who he is -- a muslim who hates Jews and Israel.

She does not want to give him the ability to appoint her successor. Not only will that successor NOT be Jewish, but might very well be the first muslim appointed to the Court.

She is trying to wait him out, even "to the death".

Prediction:
If Obama is impeached and removed, and Biden rises to the presidency, watch Ginsburg resign soon afterwards, probably "for reasons of health"...

I could not have put it any better.  If she had any intention of making sure Obama would appoint her successor, she would already have retired.  And the only way Obama gets a muzzie on the Court is with Harry Reid in charge of the Senate, which is why the focus needs to be on the Midterms elections, and nothing else.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 02:59:15 am »
I always got the impression she is a liberal - in the old school sense. The Worm must horrify her.

Prior to 2008 I would have thought the same about many old-school liberals; I have been sorely disappointed on that score.