Author Topic: CNN Anchor Bill Weir to Fox Nation: ‘You Willfully Ignorant F*cksticks’  (Read 2081 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm Hungarian and Italian.  Hungarians supposedly are the most talented profanity artists.  It's only words.  From what I've been taught, words can never hurt.

I dunno. You've inherited the talent and the speed, respectively (and volume from the Italian side, goes without saying) but Russian is more inventive (only language I know where you can hugely insult someone and they think it's a compliment) and Egyptians can peel paint.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

I'm Hungarian and Italian.  Hungarians supposedly are the most talented profanity artists.  It's only words.  From what I've been taught, words can never hurt.

Yes, I agree they are just words. But, they've been chosen by nearly unanimous consent to remain in the shadows, so to speak. Socially unacceptable in mixed company. Even here at TBR we obscure the word with bleeps. I find that their use serves a purpose for both sides, the users and non-users.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I am of Lebanese descent on my father's side.  My father taught me many curses in Arabic.  Curses represented about the only Arabic he knew.  I remember one phrase my dad used fairly often: "when the snake gets old even the mouse tries to eff him."

I never heard whether the mouse used a stick or not.  It seems probable.

Oceander

So his twitter account has been permanently banned for multiple violations of the twitter terms of service, correct?  Correct?  Uh, is that crickets I hear?