Author Topic: Ravens' Ray Rice: 'My actions were inexcusable'  (Read 894 times)

Offline flowers

Ravens' Ray Rice: 'My actions were inexcusable'
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:44:48 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/us/baltimore-ray-rice-statement/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

(CNN) -- Ray Rice, the Baltimore Ravens running back suspended by the NFL for two games after video showed him dragging his then-fiancée (now his wife) from an elevator, told reporters on Thursday his actions were "inexcusable."

"You know that's not me," he said. "You know that's something I have to live ... with the rest of my life."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said last week the running back would be suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2014 regular season.

He was also fined an additional game check for "conduct detrimental to the NFL," according to a league news release.

Rice resolved the charges stemming from the incident with his wife, Janay, and entered a pretrial intervention program in May, the NFL said. Under the program, he won't be prosecuted, and the charges will be expunged after a year, the league said.

Speaking at a news conference, Rice said he let down his family, teammates and the city of Baltimore. He said he knows his 2-year-old daughter might read about this on Google one day.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ravens' Ray Rice: 'My actions were inexcusable'
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »
My remark is off-center, but it is, in fact, completely true. If Ray Rice lived in any Islamic nation, they would be sending him cigars.

No exaggeration, no hyperbole, that is straight up truth. I have seen it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »
My remark is off-center, but it is, in fact, completely true. If Ray Rice lived in any Islamic nation, they would be sending him cigars.

Problem is, most people haven't seen it. So they rely on their own experiences. Since most people are naturally good (in the main - we all get impulses from time to time) they'll find that statement hard to believe.

Cigars though? Never seen that. Laughs and slaps on the back from the crowd, a couple of coffees - those I have seen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »

Wouldn't they be stoning the woman too? it is always the woman's fault in these sharia lands.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
Wouldn't they be stoning the woman too? it is always the woman's fault in these sharia lands.

Stoning is pretty much confined to adultery and blasphemy/apostasy. Still - in adultery cases, the man is in a knee deep pit, the woman in a chest deep one. If you survive, which can include getting out of the pit and running away, Allah has judged you innocent.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 06:48:59 pm »
Stoning is pretty much confined to adultery and blasphemy/apostasy. Still - in adultery cases, the man is in a knee deep pit, the woman in a chest deep one. If you survive, which can include getting out of the pit and running away, Allah has judged you innocent.

If you float you are a witch. If you sink to the bottom, you are innocent.

7th century logic.

and yes, smoking a cigar is an outward sign of 'victory' in some Muslim cultures.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »
You have to give him credit, for being a black man in America that is even married, to the mother of his child/children.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:44 pm »

If you float you are a witch. If you sink to the bottom, you are innocent.

7th century logic.

and yes, smoking a cigar is an outward sign of 'victory' in some Muslim cultures.

Thanks! Their soldiers would frequently scrounge a cigarette from me (badly enough that I'd carry two packs minimum at all times), but I had no clue at all about the cigars thing.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 08:40:01 pm »
You have to give him credit, for being a black man in America that is even married, to the mother of his child/children.

They didn't get married until after the assault.

Wife/husband cannot be compelled to testify against their spouse.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:41:11 am »
"You know that's not me," he said.
Who was it, then?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:11 am »

yep...because Muzzies not only condone but encourage turning Mr. Hand into Mr. Fist and inflicting some discipline on the family wimmins......

:smokin: