Author Topic:  (Read 238 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:34:22 AM »

Support the USO

Offline speekinout

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
Good article. I don't think it's all that common for the fate of the Senate to rest so much in the House's hands, but that's the way it is this year. The House would be well served if they had a GOP Senate to deal with after Jan., so it does make sense for them to make accommodations where they can to help win the Senate. Two relatively harmless ways to help would be keeping their mouths shut for awhile (sometimes the best speech is the one that isn't given), and delaying bills that would never pass in the dim Senate anyway.

Votes in Nov. are more important than impassioned speeches today.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
Good article. I don't think it's all that common for the fate of the Senate to rest so much in the House's hands, but that's the way it is this year. The House would be well served if they had a GOP Senate to deal with after Jan., so it does make sense for them to make accommodations where they can to help win the Senate. Two relatively harmless ways to help would be keeping their mouths shut for awhile (sometimes the best speech is the one that isn't given), and delaying bills that would never pass in the dim Senate anyway.

Votes in Nov. are more important than impassioned speeches today.

agreed

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:49:30 AM »
So long as some far right House kook doesn't issue Articles of Impeachment, this should be a massive year for the GOP.  Even worse would be some sort of govt. shutdown.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf