Author Topic: Watch Out Obama! Trey Gowdy Announces First Benghazi Hearing  (Read 274 times)

rangerrebew

Watch Out Obama! Trey Gowdy Announces First Benghazi Hearing

Author:  Editor

Posted: July 30, 2014

In an interview with Fox News’ Catherine Herridge, Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) announced the first Benghazi select committee hearing will be held in early September.

The announcement comes after a few months of quiet investigation from the Committee, which was announced by House Speaker John Boehner in May, after almost a year of party leadership opposing the idea. The select committee includes seven Republicans and four Democrats.

This is almost TWO YEARS after the terror attacks at the American Embassy in Benghazi, Libya which killed 4 Americans… including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Gowdy, a no-nonsense former prosecutor, has spent his $3.3 million budget wisely, and is determined to get to the truth behind the easily avoidable attack. We’re already learning that President Barack Obama and then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton deliberately ignored a major security threat before the attack, and more shameful details are about to be unearthed about this serious foreign policy blunder:

h/t: Townhall.com

And according to Gowdy, no witness will be off limits… including Hillary:

The Republican head of the Benghazi Select Committee warned Tuesday that no witnesses would be off limits in its upcoming probe and that he would consider going to court, if necessary, to compel testimony.

“I can’t skip over a witness that I think we ought to talk to simply because there is an assertion of either privilege or immunity,” Chairman Trey Gowdy of South Carolina told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

He said that while he has received good cooperation to date, and the issue had not yet arisen, “if you mean to say that ‘not only can they not talk, they don’t have to come,’ you have to litigate that.”

Gowdy said the investigation will be driven by facts, characterizing as strongly bipartisan his work with the committee’s ranking Democrat, Elijah Cummings of Maryland, to review documents and identify witnesses.

He also said he anticipates the first public hearing will be held in September and will focus on the State Department investigation into the 2012 attack and whether its recommendations have been implemented.

Asked whether he wants Hillary Clinton to testify, Gowdy said, “I want everyone who has access to relevant information, and it is, I think, impossible to argue that the Secretary of State at the time would not have access to relevant information…”

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/watch-obama-trey-gowdy-announces-first-benghazi-hearing/#ixzz392JZLVqW