Author Topic: This GIF depicting voter turnout by state in presidential elections is cooler than you'd expect  (Read 509 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2551465/

his GIF depicting voter turnout by state in presidential elections is cooler than you'd expect
BY JUSTIN GREEN | JULY 30, 2014 | 3:14 PM

The GIF at the top of this story is fascinating if you enjoy maps, politics or scanning for patterns.

It depicts voter turnout by state in presidential elections from 1980 to 2012.

It's an impressive graphic. It caught my eye on Reddit, and I watched it repeatedly while writing this story. I even took some time and checked the numbers against Census Bureau data to be sure it's accurate.

There are a wide variety of things you can take away from watching this (and stay tuned for related pieces on voting rights, felon disenfranchisement and the absurdity of the way the Census Bureau presents its data), but sometimes you should avoid claiming a GIF will teach you everything you need to know about anything and you should relax and enjoy something just because it's neat.

Enjoy, and I hope you think it's cool enough to share.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:48:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34