Author Topic: Man buys house with a locked barn.. and you won't believe what was inside  (Read 1309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-buys-house-locked-barn-3937043

Man buys house with a locked barn.. and you won't believe what was inside
Jul 30, 2014 17:52 By Chris Sherrard

It's a story as old as the Internet itself, but is this amazing discovery an elaborate hoax or a genuine gold mine, tell us what you think? 

A retirement home has turned into a gold mine for one very lucky man.

He bought a farmhouse, which had lay vacant for many years, for himself and his wife. The only slight stumbling block was the fact it came with a barn which was welded shut.

But he took a chance and bought the Portuguese property at a knockdown price and soon picked up some grinders to open the barn door.

And, boy, was he glad he did as he made an incredible discovery.

Inside were scores of vintage cars, including Aston Martins, Mercedes and various Lotus models. They are dusty but many remain road-worthy.

The total value of the lot runs to several million pounds.

That's what you call a retirement fund!

photos here
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-buys-house-locked-barn-3937043

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It is a nice story, but in all likelihood the cars would not belong to the new owner since they are not appurtenant to the property.  They would be considered the personal property of the previous owner. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is a nice story, but in all likelihood the cars would not belong to the new owner since they are not appurtenant to the property.  They would be considered the personal property of the previous owner.
Applying California real estate law, true. But depending on the "provenance" or chain of title of the real property, the vehicles be included.

And we don't know if real estate law in Portugal is the same or different from our general concepts.

Fascinating story, nonetheless. I can think of many cars from Europe that I would love to drive every day, here.

--Facel Vega
--NSU Ro 80
--Glas
--various Citroens

....along with the better known ones that did come to the US more commonly.

Why Facel Vega? The (luscious) twin girls across the street from me during high school, were daughters of a physician from Cuba, and he drove a FV. (His son is a PhD diabetes researcher.)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln