Author Topic: Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’  (Read 1756 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/geraldo-matt-drudge-doing-his-best-stir-civil-war/

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera has accused conservative blogger Matt Drudge of trying to inflame conservatives and “stir up a civil war,” due to his website’s aggressive coverage of the border crisis.

“Shame on Drudge,” Mr. Rivera tweeted Wednesday morning. “His authoritative website has gone hysterical on issue of immigrant children. 14 stories like ‘Could Ebola sneak across?’”

PHOTOS: Separated at birth: Pols and their celebrity look-alikes

Mediaite reports that the top 15 stories linked Wednesday morning on DrudgeReport.com were about U.S. immigration policy, while another eight were dedicated to Ebola.

Mr. Rivera argued during his radio show that Mr. Drudge, founder of “the most powerful website,” is “doing his best to stir up a civil war” with his headlines, Mediaite reported.

“This is exactly what they did to the Irish in the 19th century, and to the Chinese in the 19th century, and then to the Jews and the Italians in the 20th century,” he said. “Not only do they bring crime, they bring disease. Be afraid! Hide your daughters!”

“Ladies and gentlemen we have to reject this hysterical, jingoistic rhetoric,” Mr. Rivera concluded, CBS Washington reported. “This inflamed hysteria hyped by irresponsible political ideologues. This is not America. This is not New York. Reject this. This is horrifying.”

Offline flowers

he has a radio show? I would rather watch nancy pelosi than geraldo.  yeah really. i cannot stand him.

Offline flowers

I hope some of these really nice children move into your neighborhood, or go to your children's schools. oh wait you are the protected elite that won't happen to you or yours. Some place on the internet is a photo of some of these really sweet 'children' all tattooed  up and have a dead body at their feet with about 20 knives sticking out of the body.

if i find it will post link to it
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:34:27 pm by flowers »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Civil?

This is a foreign invasion, not a "civil" war.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I hope some of these really nice children move into your neighborhood, or go to your children's schools. oh wait you are the protected elite that won't happen to you or yours.
Do you even understand Rivera's point?

Or do you really, really believe that today's Hispanics are "less than" earlier Jews, Irish, Italians, etc.?

In fact I'll wager the "anglos" in 19th century Midwestern America were often pretty pissed off about the influx of Swedes and Norwegians, along with the still worse Irish.

We were certain the Chinese were unworthy, and passed laws to codify it. Yet today they top our students, all across the country.

Vilifying the young people is NOT the pathway to winning.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Do you even understand Rivera's point?

Or do you really, really believe that today's Hispanics are "less than" earlier Jews, Irish, Italians, etc.?

In fact I'll wager the "anglos" in 19th century Midwestern America were often pretty pissed off about the influx of Swedes and Norwegians, along with the still worse Irish.

We were certain the Chinese were unworthy, and passed laws to codify it. Yet today they top our students, all across the country.

Vilifying the young people is NOT the pathway to winning.

NO, I am not even going to have any type of discussion with you on this. It is a invasion pure and simple.obie and his ilk are transforming this country into a 50 plus year democratic voting utopia for them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
NO, I am not even going to have any type of discussion with you on this. It is a invasion pure and simple.obie and his ilk are transforming this country into a 50 plus year democratic voting utopia for them.
In other words, you cannot answer my question if the Hispanics are "less than" previous immigration waves of Irish, Swedish, Norwegians, Italians, Jews and Chinese?

Instead of discussing, you refuse to talk.  Rivera just goes over your head completely. You can't distinguish the actions from the people.

A simplistic word "invasion" trumps all other need for words, as I see your "argument."

I choose to be unhappy with my government for not blocking the immigrants, instead of being unhappy with the immigrants for desiring the same thing as others that came to America.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Instead of discussing, you refuse to talk. 

Pretty much

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
[[ Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge ‘doing his best to stir up a civil war’ ]]

Messenger vs. message...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ Or do you really, really believe that today's Hispanics are "less than" earlier Jews, Irish, Italians, etc.? ]]

I recall reading that the average IQ level of Mestizo-Hispanics is around 89.

That is certainly "less than" that of the Jews, at least.

The average IQ of the north Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc.) is 1/3 of a standard deviation higher than that of Euro-Americans. Look at any college to see the results of that.

Like it or not, these numbers have implications for America's future...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In other words, you cannot answer my question if the Hispanics are "less than" previous immigration waves of Irish, Swedish, Norwegians, Italians, Jews and Chinese?

Instead of discussing, you refuse to talk.  Rivera just goes over your head completely. You can't distinguish the actions from the people.

A simplistic word "invasion" trumps all other need for words, as I see your "argument."

I choose to be unhappy with my government for not blocking the immigrants, instead of being unhappy with the immigrants for desiring the same thing as others that came to America.
May I point out here that the Swedish, Irish, Norwegians, Italians, Jews and Chinese did not have the huge massive safety net waiting for them when they made their journeys thousands of miles across the ocean in ships—the same way it had been done since colonial times.

In contrast, today's illegal aliens travel a few hundred miles by land at most and immediately become eligible for health care and education benefits, among others.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

Exactly, jmyrle. We can't afford to spend our own future into oblivion. What will the world do when America falters in economic ruin? That is not compassion, that is self-destruction which helps no one. Neither us, nor anyone else in the world we currently are helping.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:23:26 pm by aligncare »