Author Topic: Obama to GOP: Stop hating  (Read 561 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to GOP: Stop hating
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/213800-obama-to-gop-stop-hating

By Amie Parnes - 07/30/14 12:54 PM EDT

President Obama asked Republicans to stop “hating” and “being mad all the time” during a Wednesday speech in Kansas City, Mo., focused on the economy.

The president accused GOP lawmakers of needlessly suing him, instead of doing their jobs. He said they should be more focused on the economy.

“They have not been that helpful,” Obama told a crowd in a local theater. “They have not been as constructive as I would have hoped and these actions come with a cost.”

The House is set to vote later on Wednesday on legislation authorizing a lawsuit against Obama over his use of executive actions, particularly to delay ObamaCare’s employer health insurance mandate.

Obama highlighted the administration's successes in boosting the economy, saying that his administration caused the bounce-back reflected in statistics released Wednesday that showed 4 percent growth in the second quarter.

He noted that the 6.1 percent unemployment rate is the lowest since September of 2008. But he blamed Republicans for preventing him for doing more for every day Americans.

“We could do so much more if Congress would come on and help out a little bit,” he added. “Stop being mad all the time. Stop. Stop just hating all the time. C'mon … I know they're not happy that I'm president but that's okay. I got a couple of years left. C'mon … then you can be mad at the next president.”

The president slapped the GOP for the lawsuit. “Instead of suing me for doing my job, I want Congress to do its job.”

Republicans have criticized the administration for holding back the economic recovery, and have ripped the White House for not backing any GOP jobs bills.

But Obama used his speech on Wednesday mostly to highlight the progress that has been made to keep the economy on the upswing during his administration. He pointed to the uptick in construction and manufacturing and even affordable healthcare.

It is a message Obama will likely continue to tout as a legacy item, White House aides say, should the economy continue to improve.

“We have fought back,” Obama said. “We have dusted ourselves off. … None of this is an accident. It's thanks to the decisions we made early on.”

— This story was updated at 1:12 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Obama to GOP: Stop hating
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »
This will be the democrat party theme, through to the midterms, with variations.

It "works" based on the threat to impeach, and because of the threat to impeach. (They are in fact suing him)

Stock market up, unemployment down, and the dems will argue the GOP can't get past always going against Obama. They must "hate" him.

After all, the GOP are "haters."  And that can be stretched to coded racism, too. See the theme?

It fascinates me how often so called "Christian conservatives" resort to using the word "hate" in speech and writing.

Words have meanings. Can we say oppose, disapprove, dislike--instead of "hate?"

The GOP needs "daily talking points" such as "no, I like the President, but disagree with him too."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »
DCPatriot to Obama.....Go to hell.

"......reward our friends and punish our enemies....".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »

K.I.S.S.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »

President Obama asked Republicans to stop “hating” and “being mad all the time” during a Wednesday speech in Kansas City, Mo., focused on the economy.

"Great maybe we are through if there are that many a#@holes." - Lois Lerner

"So we need to worry about alien teRrorists. It’s our own crazies who will take us down." - Lois Lerner

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:09:45 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:11:09 am »
The GOP needs "daily talking points" such as "no, I like the President, but disagree with him too."

You should be running the campaigns for the RNC.  That is exactly what Republicans should be saying.  "We like the President, and we want to help him fix all these problems that America is facing.  Like the VA bill that passed with bipartisan support 420-5.  We would like to work closer with the President but he doesn't seem to want to talk with the GOP majority in the House.  We welcome a closer dialogue."  And try not to snicker when you say it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 05:24:09 am »
By Obama using the term 'hatin' he is appealing to the lowest level of humanity. By using this word, what he is really saying is, 'Dey is hatin' me cause I is be being Black.' No serious person would speak this way for any other reason.

When you have the President of the United States using Black 'street lingo' to disuss why he is a failure, then there is a problem.

We hate him becuase he is a doofus, a goofy idiot, and a complete failure. If he wants to constantly talk about his own skin color, then that is on him. If he wants to talk about everything being the fault of his skin color, then he becomes the racist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.