Author Topic: Why are massive numbers of sea creatures dying along the West Coast right now?  (Read 1209 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline PzLdr

Not enough protected San Fran smelts to eat?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
It's Bushes' fault.

Online DCPatriot

Couldn't it be ocean floor fizzures spewing sulfur-tainted debris?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Couldn't it be ocean floor fizzures spewing sulfur-tainted debris?

Those are Bushes' fault too.

Online DCPatriot

Those are Bushes' fault too.

FYI... wasn't funny the first time either.  :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
FYI... wasn't funny the first time either.  :whistle:

That's also his fault.

Offline olde north church

Now what is going to happen with the "Elites" and their grilled to perfection Chilean Sea Bass?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

Now what is going to happen with the "Elites" and their grilled to perfection Chilean Sea Bass?

You mean grilled Monkfish? There ain't no creature known as a Chilean Sea Bass. It's a marketing gimmick.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
You mean grilled Monkfish? There ain't no creature known as a Chilean Sea Bass. It's a marketing gimmick.

Those poor monks!  Grilled at the stake!   :silly:

Offline Relic

Those poor monks!  Grilled at the stake!   :silly:

I prefer grilled with a steak.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
I prefer grilled with a steak.

even better!

Offline flowers

Oh!  So now you're going to tell me there's no such thing as a complementary chilled Pinot Noir?

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
My neighbor and my boss are active deep sea fishermen. I'll ask around, about local opinions on conditions.

We have several sport fishing harbors, from Mexico to San Francisco and beyond. San Diego, Oceanside, Dana Point, Newport Beach, Huntington Harbour, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Marina Del Rey, Point Heuneme, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, Monterey Bay, San Francisco, etc.

There ought to be documented date as well as commentary from sport fishermen (and sport fisher women, too).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

My neighbor and my boss are active deep sea fishermen. I'll ask around, about local opinions on conditions.

We have several sport fishing harbors, from Mexico to San Francisco and beyond. San Diego, Oceanside, Dana Point, Newport Beach, Huntington Harbour, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Marina Del Rey, Point Heuneme, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, Monterey Bay, San Francisco, etc.

There ought to be documented date as well as commentary from sport fishermen (and sport fisher women, too).

Could you do that?  I'm more of a freshwater angler but it would seem to me major die offs along the Pacific Coast would need more time between the reactor meltdown.  Yeah, on the wind could be quick but the ocean currents are much more subtle beasts.
It would seem to me, for what that's worth, the base forage would die off and work up the food chain like dominoes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:29:05 PM by olde north church »

Online truth_seeker

Offline Carling

I just spent an extended weekend visiting 200 miles of Oregon's coast.  I missed all of these dead animals washing up on the shore, I guess.   :tongue2:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online truth_seeker

I just spent an extended weekend visiting 200 miles of Oregon's coast.  I missed all of these dead animals washing up on the shore, I guess.   :tongue2:
My Orange County CA costal town has 10 miles of shoreline, millions of visitors, a playground for ocean sports, and it hasn't been in our news, either.

But I shall stay alert, because it is a topic which goes beyond political sound bites.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf